What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about in-app purchases

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a game called Fairway Solitaire and yesterday I made an in-app purchase (directly from my ipad 2) to unlock the rest of the game. The problem is that I still have a balance left from a $25 itunes card I redeemed awhile ago, but for some reason, the amount of my balance did not go down at all. I can only assume the charge was taken from my credit card instead of from my balance. Is this the way in app purchases normally work or should it have deducted the amount from my balance?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have used my itunes card with an existing credit card on the itunes account and it seemed to deduct it from the itunes card first if there was enough balance. I do not recall having to designate which account that the money was deducted from, it just went straight out of the gift card.

Currently, I no longer have a credit card in the account. I strictly use gift cards for purchase.

Last edited:
OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I do. How do I remove it? And if I remove it, will it make all in-app purchases be deducted from my available balance?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have already purchased these apps on your credit card it will not be charged again on your gift card. Once you purchase an app, you only purchase it once. If you scroll down to the bottom of your appstore page you will see the Apple ID button with your email address. Click onto that it will ask for your password. Click Payment information. Click your credit card and edit. There should also be an option called None-click that.

From there, it should allow you to make all future purchases onto your gift card.

If you need to load more cards on--just scroll down to the bottom of the first page of app store and click the "Redeem" button. It will ask for your gift card number on the back of the card.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when you use a gift card and you add it to your account shows the balance of the card as you use it the balance got adjusted make sure you add it on the redeem gift card option.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts