What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gift Card "Redeem" Question

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife recently gave me three App Store gift cards in the amount of $10 each. I inserted the serial number for each card. It's probably something really easy but, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to see what my balance is! I made a few purchases but now want to see how much is left. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Also, would you happen to know if I can use my balance for books or music?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go into your iTunes account it will tell you there what your balance is.

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I went into iTunes but I'm not seeing it.

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll try that. Will let you know. Thanks.

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to my desktop PCM and saw it there. But, it doesn't show on my iPad. Weird.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes sorry,i didn't think to tell you it won't appear on ipad,glad you found it now.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine does. If you go to iTunes on your iPad and than go to the music tab,scroll down you should see where it says Welcome (Your Name) your balance is (Whatever Your Balance Is).

But I'm still on 5.1.1. I don't know if this was eliminated on higher updates.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine does. If you go to iTunes on your iPad and than go to the music tab,scroll down you should see where it says Welcome (Your Name) your balance is (Whatever Your Balance Is).

It works on iOS 5 and 6. (I've got 5 on iPad 2 and 6 on iPad 4.) That's how I've always checked my balance. It would be crazy for Apple to expect you to log on by computer just to check your balance.

If you don't see your balance on iTunes on iPad even when you're logged into your account, you've either applied a gift credit to the wrong account, or applied it incorrectly. Or you're just looking in the wrong place.

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi James.....evidentially it must have been eliminated on the new update. I see my apple I.D. at the bottom but when I click on it, it takes me to my info without giving a balance. Also, I just purchased music and it used my credit card instead of using the balance on my gift card. Lol... Another issue.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi James.....evidentially it must have been eliminated on the new update. I see my apple I.D. at the bottom but when I click on it, it takes me to my info without giving a balance. Also, I just purchased music and it used my credit card instead of using the balance on my gift card. Lol... Another issue.

My iPad 4 is on iOS 6 and iTunes continues to show my credit balance on iPad. It appears directly under my iTunes acct name.

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 4 is on iOS 6 and iTunes continues to show my credit balance on iPad. It appears directly under my iTunes acct name.

Weird.....mine doesn't. Is your account name on the bottom or top of the page?

Most reactions

Latest posts