What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About Contacting Ex-Boyfriend

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Y ex boyfriends mother passed away in November and I haven't spoken to him since the service. I don't want to intrude on his grief and disrupt his life anymore however ; I want to make sure he is okay. Would a simple email be okay? I don't want to stand idol during this difficult time for him and his family. Any thoughts would be appreciated , JJ

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
JodiJ said:
Y ex boyfriends mother passed away in November and I haven't spoken to him since the service. I don't want to intrude on his grief and disrupt his life anymore however ; I want to make sure he is okay. Would a simple email be okay? I don't want to stand idol during this difficult time for him and his family. Any thoughts would be appreciated , JJ

I would suggest to send him a letter instead - an email would not be so appropriate after such long time... (my humble opinion)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, in this day and age an email is fine, can be personal, and will certainly be welcome.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes a simple email as a gesture of concern is fine here and I'm sure will be appreciated but as this is a poignant time, a written note is far more gracious.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't send email for anything as important and personal as this. And I'd send a note or card only if I thought it would be welcome, not because it would make me feel better.

OP
JodiJ

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I welcome any thoughts or suggestions!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just one more data point, from a guy's perspective. We tend not to be touchy freely, and don't really appreciate receiving cards like women do.., the contact itself is more important than the medium.

Don't delay in any case...

Oh and with email, he will reply and you can start interacting with him again. With a card, now he has to initiate the email conversation if that's what you are looking for

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to force someone's response is one reason I wouldn't send email in such circumstances. That's why I mentioned contacting the other person only if I thought the gesture would be welcome by the recipient, not just to make myself feel good (or manipulate the situation). I would especially be careful about grief, because I wouldn't want to put the other person in a possibly awkward situation if he/she opened email in front of others or during a bad time of day, which I find is more likely with email.

OP
JodiJ

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can respect that however; no one will question my authenticity. No manipulation tactics !

StacyC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would depend...

How long did you two date and how serious was it? Also, how long ago did you break up?

OP
JodiJ

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eight years. Broke up one year ago.

StacyC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it would be very appropriate for you to send him an email. Just don't make him think you want to get back together.

Most reactions

Latest posts