What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing gmail contacts

gizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend bought an ipad2. At the store they set up his ipad with a gmail account, which he never had. His main email was with roadrunner.
He now decided to use his gmail account and he copied all his email addresses from roadrunner to gmail on his PC and sent all his contacts an email about his new address. That was good.
He now asked me why his gmail account doesn't have any of his addresses on his iPad.
I went to add a gmail account, using the one he has now, to see if the contacts would import to the iPad and of course it would not, it tells me he already has that account.
I don't know how to help him with this problem. The iPad is still showing his roadrunner account and not his gmail account.
Can anyone help me help him?
I setup my own iPad and it was real easy, but that guy at the store really shouldn't have set it up with roadrunner. All my friend wants is to email his pictures from his iPad to his family. He's in his 70's and I give him credit for doing this. He also has a iPhone now.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The default GMail setup does not support contact syncing. Instead set his GMail account up as an Exchange account, as per the link below. You also get the ability to sync multiple calendars. Just follow the instructions in the Multiple Calendars tab of the link.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

If you wan to keep the Note syncing ability (it syncs to an email folder), instead of deleting the default (IMAP) account, just turn off all the services in the settings except Notes. The two accounts will co-exist nicely, as long as you don't turn on the same service/sync in both.

Most reactions