What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pure white icon after a jailbreak or an cydia mistake? this will fix it.

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I managed today to make the "Reminders" icon pure white after an fail attempt to make spire work on my ipad 2 and saw that i had to format and re-jailbreak to fix it? but that is not the easiest way.

i found a small link witch told a person with the same issue as me to just download just one random file from cydia and it fixed he's problem.
So i did the same, i downloaded a free dreamboard theme of 7 mb, and it actually fixed it! The icon is now back to normal.

Admin, take this tip and make it visible to all with the white icon issue/problem as i had today. It may help them prevent to system restore ipad just for one blank icon :)

Sent from my iPad 2 wifi 32gb (jailbreaked) using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A white icon is a sign that the icon cache is corrupted and needs reset. This is NOT a serious thing. I don't know who advised you to restore and re-jailbreak, but that was very bad advice.

The icon cache corruption happens from time to time and can normally be fixed by doing anything which resets the cache. In your case, loading Dreamboard fixes the cache!
A simple alternative is to install the "Respring" package from Cydia which installs an icon on your springboard which resprings the device, but also resets the cache before it resprings.

Hope that clarifies.

OP
Pargadox

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
A white icon is a sign that the icon cache is corrupted and needs reset. This is NOT a serious thing. I don't know who advised you to restore and re-jailbreak, but that was very bad advice.

The icon cache corruption happens from time to time and can normally be fixed by doing anything which resets the cache. In your case, loading Dreamboard fixes the cache!
A simple alternative is to install the "Respring" package from Cydia which installs an icon on your springboard which resprings the device, but also resets the cache before it resprings.

Hope that clarifies.

hmm, thats wierd, cause i first tried reboot a couple of times without suces, and i did not get the advice, but other people on forums while i googled.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A reboot won't fix it. You need to reset the icon cache, which is why I recommended that specific package called "Respring". :)

OP
Pargadox

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hehe ok:p

Most reactions