What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia and other jailbreak apps disappeared after respring! :(

HerzlHermosa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!

I just jailbroken my ipad 4 and downloaded winterboard. Then, I downloaded an add-on theme to it and after respring, all the icons of apps i downloaded from Cydia disappeared including Cydia. How am I going to fix it and bring back Cydia? :( I am using 6.1.2 OS. I am hoping you guys could help me with this.

Thank you!

Zel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What theme add-on did you load? Did you load any other tweaks other than Winterboard? Have you tried either a restart or a reset (or both)? To do (apologies if you know):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

See if any of that helps. If yes, yay. If not, holler back and we'll take another try at it.

Marilyn

OP
H

HerzlHermosa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already tried to reset and restart my iPad but the icons are still missing. I think they are still installed because they still show in the settings under "Extensions".

The tweaks i installed were 1. Activator, 2. f.lux and 3. Winterboard.

After installing Winterboard, i downloaded a "Duct Tape" theme and it worked fine after respring. However, I downloaded another theme and after respring, the wallpaper of my ipad became just the size of an iphone and the areas outside were black (but i can still use the apps and everything) (I figured i installed an incompatible tweak for ipad. :( ). And here is when Cydia and other three tweaks disappeared. :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you use Activator (in your Settings app)? If yes, set an action to make it so you can put the iPad into Safe Mode. Make it something simple, such as double-clicking the sleep button.

Then, activate Safe Mode if you can. Hopefully, the Cydia icon will then show and you'll be able to get to Cydia to uninstall the theme/tweak that is misbehaving.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay - here's another go: if you can see Winterboard in Settings, make it so that no theme is selected, then respring. What happens then?

Marilyn

OP
H

HerzlHermosa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's still the same. :( I don't want to reset my iPad to factory settings. What should I do? Thanks!

Zel

OP
H

HerzlHermosa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
P.S, I have one more problem. Whenever I pres the volume down button (just one press and not hold), my iPad goes to mute.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One last try - then I'm out of ideas. The tweak Activator as the ability to launch Cydia after performing an action. So, in Settings, under the Activator tab, pick an action and then, under "System Actions," set it so you can launch Cydia. Then, try to see if you can get Cydia to launch after that (try a reset or a restart off it doesn't work the first time).

If that doesn't help - I've got no more ideas. Hopefully, someone will be along with another idea. I'm tapped out, sorry.

Marilyn

OP
H

HerzlHermosa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It still didn't work. :( I think I might have to reset to factory settings then. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts