What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prototyping our carbon fiber IPAD case

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is our prototype IPAD case in the rough. Final case design has a high gloss clear coat and all black hardware. This case is 3CM thick.

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Is this a different case than the one you show currently for sale on your website?

I sure hope not, as you don't say anything about the case still being in the prototype phase in your online store and are letting people order it without letting them know you don't currently have it in stock.

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this a different case than the one you show currently for sale on your website?

I sure hope not, as you don't say anything about the case still being in the prototype phase in your online store and are letting people order it without letting them know you don't currently have it in stock.
The case is in production and well past prototyping. I posted these these pictures to give a glimpse at the process of developing a carbon fiber case.
This is one of our second generation cases. All our laptop and IPAD cases will have this style latch in black. We found this latch to be much more secure then the previous design. That is really the only cosmetic difference from our web pictures. The rest of the mods for our second generation cases do not change the look at all but improve on quality and strength(higher grade carbon fiber).
We will be posting all new web photos soon. Also as stated this case does not have a clear coat on it yet. Thanks for the question.:)

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with using smaller fasteners.

how about
Key unlock?
Combination unlock?
Mike, we discussed the option to lock it in the design phase, but figured if someone wanted to take it they would just grab the whole thing anyway.
As for the smaller fasteners, the new design even though it covers a larger surface area actually has a lower profile on the case. These are also much stronger and have a nice snap when you lock it. Thanks for your comments.:)

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We understand that our case is not for everyone and it certainly prices in on the higher end. But what we we do offer is a one of a kind well built product that only we make. If someone purchases one of our cases their 100% satifaction guarantee is our priority. If not we will refund your money.

Most reactions

Latest posts