What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carbon Fiber Case for iPad 2

Temp31

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
133
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
Hello and Seasons Greetings to iPadForums.net members!

We'd like to present you with our Carbon Fiber case for the iPad 2 and would love to hear your thoughts on this case.

carbon-fiber-ipad-2-case.jpgcarbon-fiber-ipad-2-case2.jpgcarbon-fiber-ipad-2-case3.jpgcarbon-fiber-ipad-2-case4.jpgcarbon-fiber-ipad-2-case5.jpg
Do you have any suggestions for colors or the style? Post it here!
 
Last edited:

thapzen

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Very innovative of you guys, I think I'd love to have this cover, I can only imagine how light weight and strong the package is...double thumbs up!
 
OP
T

Temp31

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
133
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
Very innovative of you guys, I think I'd love to have this cover, I can only imagine how light weight and strong the package is...double thumbs up!
Thanks for your compliments! It is very lightweight and strong, just as you stated. This is one of our top sellers.
 

seanr7

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
4
iPad2Cases.com said:
Thanks for your compliments! It is very lightweight and strong, just as you stated. This is one of our top sellers.

Looks like way to many open/unprotected spots. I have a six year old and wouldn't be comfortable handing her my iPad If it was in this case. I use the Griffin "Survivor" and it's damn near 6 year old proof.
 
OP
T

Temp31

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
133
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
Looks like way to many open/unprotected spots. I have a six year old and wouldn't be comfortable handing her my iPad If it was in this case. I use the Griffin "Survivor" and it's damn near 6 year old proof.
Do you happen to work for Griffin or just felt like making your first post in this thread? Anyway, most people wouldn't hand their 6 year old's a $499+ device in the first place. This case is designed with the adult audience in mind.
 

seanr7

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
4
iPad2Cases.com said:
Do you happen to work for Griffin or just felt like making your first post in this thread? Anyway, most people wouldn't hand their 6 year old's a $499+ device in the first place. This case is designed with the adult audience in mind.

No I dont work for Griffin, I would think a better way for you to sell your product is to engage me and other skeptics in a productive conversation instead of tossing out accusations.

And most people I know with kids can't keep their iPads away from them!

I would like you to "sell" your case to me not talk down to me! First impressions are huge and you're failing.
 

beavery

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
213
Reaction score
6
Location
Australia
iPad2Cases.com said:
Hello and Seasons Greetings to iPadForums.net members!

We'd like to present you with our Carbon Fiber case for the iPad 2 and would love to hear your thoughts on this case.

<img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8361"/><img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8362"/><img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8363"/><img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8364"/><img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8365"/>
Do you have any suggestions for colors or the style? Post it here!

Couple of questions..
I'm guessing that it is limited to one 'standing' angle? Is that a 90 degree angle if placed on a hard surface? And how stable is it in the 'stand' mode?

As another poster commented. I am a little concerned over the amount of cut-outs, however there are people who do not expose the iPad to the perils that young children can be.

What is the case lined in? Easy to clean?

I would honestly buy this if it was a combination of red and black. I currently have a red carbon fibre sticker from Slickwraps on both my phone and iPad. (note:do not and have not worked for them)
 
OP
T

Temp31

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
133
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
No I dont work for Griffin, I would think a better way for you to sell your product is to engage me and other skeptics in a productive conversation instead of tossing out accusations. And most people I know with kids can't keep their iPads away from them! I would like you to "sell" your case to me not talk down to me! First impressions are huge and you're failing.
I apologize for coming off as offensive, but we've had a few 1 post wonders on the forum only post in our threads promoting other products and never come back to the forum.You're right about it having some openings that would not be 100% safeguarded from children dropping the device in these specific locations. We're considering implementing removable parts in these locations so that they may be enclosed during times they are not in use.We appreciate your input!
 
OP
T

Temp31

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
133
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
Couple of questions..I'm guessing that it is limited to one 'standing' angle? Is that a 90 degree angle if placed on a hard surface? And how stable is it in the 'stand' mode?As another poster commented. I am a little concerned over the amount of cut-outs, however there are people who do not expose the iPad to the perils that young children can be. What is the case lined in? Easy to clean? I would honestly buy this if it was a combination of red and black. I currently have a red carbon fibre sticker from Slickwraps on both my phone and iPad. (note:do not and have not worked for them)
It's able to be placed in a 45 degree angle for easy typing as well as an almost 90 degree angle. You can see additional pictures here: Carbon Fiber iPad 2 Case - iPad2Cases.com is very stable and sturdy when in stand mode. It's lined in a TPU material which is very easy to clean and does not leave fingerprints easily. The red and black color combination is one we've had in mind and may get this into production if we get enough interest.
 

beavery

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
213
Reaction score
6
Location
Australia
iPad2Cases.com said:
It's able to be placed in a 45 degree angle for easy typing as well as an almost 90 degree angle. You can see additional pictures here: Carbon Fiber iPad 2 Case - iPad2Cases.com is very stable and sturdy when in stand mode. It's lined in a TPU material which is very easy to clean and does not leave fingerprints easily. The red and black color combination is one we've had in mind and may get this into production if we get enough interest.

I'll be watching your posts patiently then :)
I like the idea in the above post about removable covers. You'd have to make them snap in and out easily :)
(if you need feedback for colour combination, let me know)
 

seanr7

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
4
iPad2Cases.com said:
I apologize for coming off as offensive, but we've had a few 1 post wonders on the forum only post in our threads promoting other products and never come back to the forum.You're right about it having some openings that would not be 100% safeguarded from children dropping the device in these specific locations. We're considering implementing removable parts in these locations so that they may be enclosed during times they are not in use.We appreciate your input!

If you made accessories that would safeguard the openings from drops, kids, liquid, sand etc then I'd be interested. Not only does my daughter play with my iPad but I take mine everywhere, I'm headed to the beach in a few months and need protection from sand. I hope you guys figure out something for those of us that are active and take our iPads in all kids of environments. The carbon case intrigues me and with a few adjustments I think you'd have a winner on your hands.
 
OP
T

Temp31

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
133
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
If you made accessories that would safeguard the openings from drops, kids, liquid, sand etc then I'd be interested. Not only does my daughter play with my iPad but I take mine everywhere, I'm headed to the beach in a few months and need protection from sand. I hope you guys figure out something for those of us that are active and take our iPads in all kids of environments. The carbon case intrigues me and with a few adjustments I think you'd have a winner on your hands.

Thanks, we are definitely considering adding the removable covers. Keep the comments coming !
 

seanr7

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
4
iPad2Cases.com said:
Thanks, we are definitely considering adding the removable covers. Keep the comments coming !

If you really want my thoughts here they are. The griffin is great for what it does but it turns a sleek light weight iPad into a relatively clunky heavy tablet. I basically need two iPad cases, one with the protection of the griffen for when my six year old is playing with it, when I'm out and about(beach,pool,bar etc) and one like yours for when I'm home or at the office. The griffins ports being sealed are great until you want to listen to music, movie or video then you have to open the sealed tabs,which don't stay open, to have any quality sound. I like the protection your cover overs for drops and would love to see a version that has snap on protection for all the open ports for when I need it.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top