What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Professional photographers and iPad2

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the iPad2 faithfully show colors accurately of professional grade photo files transferred via camera connection adapter?

OP
M

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw that link. I was hoping that forum members who had first hand experience might share the acceptability in photo viewing and sharing.

mark II

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.markhschneider.com
I love how the IPS screen accurately reproduces colors, making it perfect for sharing my portfolio, the iPad 2 screen is identical to the original, which is just fine by me. I do not transfer directly though, if I did I would shoot Raw + S JPEG. But transferring already edited photos at n optimized resolution yields great results IMHO. Best of luck!

OP
M

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love how the IPS screen accurately reproduces colors, making it perfect for sharing my portfolio, the iPad 2 screen is identical to the original, which is just fine by me. I do not transfer directly though, if I did I would shoot Raw + S JPEG. But transferring already edited photos at n optimized resolution yields great results IMHO. Best of luck!

Thanks, this is what I was hoping for. Real life experience... and sharing

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has an excellent artifact-free 24bit IPS display that is factory calibrated very close to calibrated pro displays. The white balance is very close to the industry standard D6500 (6900 degrees K). Color saturation is a touch lower than calibrated pro displays but contrast is a touch higher than standard which makes up for the saturation. It's rumored that Apple will increase gamma via an OS upgrade which will make the iPad display near perfect for photographers.

I shoot a Canon 5DII and the iPad scales and displays images beautifully. It's now my full-time portfolio display device for clients.

Porter33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi friends i just want to share some informaiton of mine about Photography is the best business many peoples are doing photography and make money this si also a hobby of peoples and they are doing this business for their hobby and make money there are different kinds of photographers are doing this some of Wedding photographers , Natural , ,Fashion and studio photographers and they become a professional photographers after the begineer of photography..

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts