What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to download picture from SDHC or USB flush drive?

Alexcalgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I've just bought iPad2. Also I've got set of adapters to transfer pictures and video from SDHC memory card and USB adapter for camera.
But I can't download pictures into my iPad from SDHC. Can we transfer photos from USB flash memory into IPad using this USB adapters?
Is any tricks or procedure?

Thank You.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your downloading pictures from your computer to your SDHC card, and then trying to put them on the iPad and it's not working then I would suggest you try this.
Make a folder on the SDHC and name it DCIM and then put the pictures into that directory with no sub-folders. I haven't tried this, however, I think the iPad looks for the DCIM folder when you plug the SDHC card into the iPad. I say this because, most all cameras save their photos into a directory named DCIM, so it's only logical to assume that's what the iPad's looking for, to tell the iPad that a camera SDHC card has been inserted and to start downloading. If that doesn't work, then look at your cameras directory in Windows, and see if it's maybe added a sub-directory under DCIM if so make a subdirectory just like the camera does and put the pictures there. I don't think the USB stick would work, might though, try it, same as above.

Let me know if it works, please.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The file names must also be 8 characters long, just as a digital camera would create.

Most reactions

Latest posts