What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Product Differences?

Sprank1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I was looking at the products on your site and have a question.

What is the basic difference between the ...

Silicone Cases

and the

Soft Gel Cases

?

I'm not sure if I am missing something major in the descriptions, but they seem very simliar to me.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
Yes, it is pretty hard to tell the difference when reading about it. I posted an answer in the form of two videos here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/685-check-out-case-4.html#post6246

You can see that Soft Gel is actually 'harder' than silicone, but Silicone is smoother and doesn't have a hole in the back for the iPad cases.

If you have any more questions about it, feel free to ask away!

OP
S

Sprank1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm ....
Thank you for the information - the videos helped to explain the differences.

Now I just have to decide which one I want. They both seem to have their own advantages.

I think I am leaning towards the "soft gel" since it seems a little more protective and I am afraid the silicone one will tend to slip off the sides on the front like the case I have now.

OP
S

Sprank1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, went ahead and ordered the soft gel cover combo on eBay. Great price there and looking forward to getting it and trying it out.

Thanks again for the clarification.
:D

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just so you know I'm having to throw my CIMO gel cover away. I just got my iPad 3G yesterday and it took me 3 attempts to get it on - it was so tight I was afraid I was going to damage my iPad. Then the hole in the bottom would not allow me to plug in the charging adapter at the bottom meaning I had to remove the case every time I sync or charge.

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
Hello DavidNM,

We're very sorry to hear that. Our iPad WiFi customers mentioned it was difficult to put the case on but we're generally happy it had a tight fit.

The iPad Wi-Fi + 3G model is 0.3mm taller and 0.1mm wider than the Wi-Fi only model. To put it into perspective: 1 millimeter = thickness of a fingernail. That should not cause any problem in putting the case on.

However, we know there is an issue with the Soft Gel dock ports and we've designed a new case. There will be a program to replace the affected cases in the coming future, so please keep give your case another try :)

Thanks for letting us know about your issue.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello DavidNM,

We're very sorry to hear that. Our iPad WiFi customers mentioned it was difficult to put the case on but we're generally happy it had a tight fit.

The iPad Wi-Fi + 3G model is 0.3mm taller and 0.1mm wider than the Wi-Fi only model. To put it into perspective: 1 millimeter = thickness of a fingernail. That should not cause any problem in putting the case on.

However, we know there is an issue with the Soft Gel dock ports and we've designed a new case. There will be a program to replace the affected cases in the coming future, so please keep give your case another try :)

Thanks for letting us know about your issue.

Thanks - let me know when the replacement program is in place and we'll give it another try!

Most reactions

Latest posts