What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinnest folio style case (like apple case) with latch

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well the incipio is only $22 in that link. that low price might make it better for some!

no one has that macally bookstand in stock. doesnt ship for a couple weeks still. that sucks. I hate waiting. im paranoid about not having a case right now.

seems like all the decent cases arent available yet.

The Apple case is excellent.

I didn't think I would like it at first, but I really love it and find it perfect for the device.

murphyrulez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I was on an airplane all day... I wouldn't be worried about the iPad popping out of the case, I just held it upside down, slipped my fingernails under the 2 edges of the backside of the case and shook it, trying to dislodge the iPad... It didn't budge at all, and I shook it hard. The corners have a little lip on them that snap over the corner of the bezel, it holds it really tight.

I got mine off of Ebay from a seller named nakedcellphone, but I just searched and he has an auction running, but doesn't have them in stock. He is claiming a shipping date of 4/28... Plus his price is higher than other stores people have been able to get them from. But when I ordered mine he was the only one that had them in stock, and I got it 2 days later in the mail. People at macrumors have been getting them at onsale.com and provantage.com... Check for stock there...

I couldn't be happier. The Incipio looks nice, but it covers up the front bezel more than the apple case does. It's going to collect dirt and hair under there, which is one reason I love this case. The full front of the iPad is available to wipe down...

hendjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Gentlefury, the Apple case is great. Very low profile but protective. I have also preordered the Macally case from Amazon as an alternate.

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures, hope you will post back and tell us how tightly the ipad fits in the case. I have the apple case which this case you have purchase seems to be an improvement on. You answered the question seems good to go.

Last edited:

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might also take a look at SENA Cases. I have several for other toys. They are kind of expensive, but are of the very highest quality. Only preorders available right now. I have one ordered and will post a review after I receive it. Shipping around May 12.

604toaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the owl case. Price is decent and it looks high quality. Website says it ships in June.
Happy Owl Studio - iPad Clutch and Wallet - Home

I ordered a cimo gel case while i wait for the owl case or the quirky case. I'm deciding between these two because they look very functional and are priced right.

Last edited:

Oche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great pics Murphyrulez! Looks very slick and sleek. Are you liking it, any drawbacks?

Gary

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Acme-Slick-Case-Matte-Black/dp/B003GAMO7I/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1IHOU2O7I4SOV&colid=HOJ6TUE89XNU"]This[/ame] is one of my items for consideration, along with [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Marware-602956006572-Eco-Vue-for-iPad/dp/B003C1CCJG/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=ILKLBQNH09SSV&colid=HOJ6TUE89XNU"]This one[/ame]

Both have features I like, but the price is still a bit high. It would be nice if either one was available next week. Then I could get that one with the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
A

antwon412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a guy on another forum who was willing to sell his macally bookstand. It's the one I was really looking for. I thinks it's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll probably use it until the cloak come out then see which I like best. At the moment I keep it in a ten inch sleeve.

chucketn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thin iPad cases

I have a Bretford mobile cart for 30 iPads for use in a school environment. I need a real thin cover to protect the iPads from damage as we have already had one dropped. The covers purchased by the IT Dept are too thick to fit in the slots. Slots are only 1" wide. Anyone have info on one?

Chuck

Most reactions

Latest posts