What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with my IPad shutting down

a1948anne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my name is Anne,
I'm totally new on here, and honestly have no idea how and what to do.
Any help and guidance is more than appreciated.

I need help or ideas on this frustration I'm having.
My iPad is the first one out, so that my be part of the issue.
When I'm on FB my IPad is shutting down several times.
I have no issues with it doing that any other time. Not on yahoo, or yahoo mail, not on google. I can be in the middle of apost or a message, and off it goes. I can get right bak on, but it will eventually shut off.

Thank you for helping.
Also, is there where I'm suppose to be for trouble shooting...thanks so much. Hope to hear from anyone. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard that a lot of people are having trouble with Facebook. Enough that I think it's the Facebook app, not iOS 7.

Regardless, try a few things to see if it'll help:

(1) Do a restart or a reset of your iPad; often, this fixes a lot of issues. To do (apologies if you know):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

(2) If that doesn't help, try signing out of the Facebook app and delete it from the iPad. Then, go back to the AppStore and re-install it. Maybe you just need a "fresh" version.

Hopefully, one or all of these suggestions will help. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
A

a1948anne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn

:) I appreciate your many options to help me.
Unfortunately nothing helped. Thinking I just need to update my iPad with a more current version. I don't have the IOS7. I really appreciate how fast you gave me ways to help..that was amazing. Well, I guess onward and upward for me with my iPad shutting down on FB...grrrr have a great night!! I love this forum!! Anne :eek:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
:) I appreciate your many options to help me.
Unfortunately nothing helped. Thinking I just need to update my iPad with a more current version. I don't have the IOS7. I really appreciate how fast you gave me ways to help..that was amazing. Well, I guess onward and upward for me with my iPad shutting down on FB...grrrr have a great night!! I love this forum!! Anne :eek:
You say you are on iOS 6 and you do FB. Did you update to the latest version of FB? That may have something to do with the crashing. Maybe it doesn't work that well on iOS 6. WELCOME TO THE FORUM. And everybody says : "I just love this forum!!!"

Most reactions

Latest posts