What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad shuts down, speakers, headphones and mic do not work.

allidenison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just started with my iPad 3rd gen just shutting down when it would go to the lock screen every once and a while. Then the speakers stopped working. I cannot use the speakers, headphones or microphone and now every time it goes to the lock screen it just completely shuts down. I have to boot it up again and not let the screen lock. I am out of warranty by a couple months. Any help?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In case your device isn't behaving as expected, first try these basic troubleshooting steps:

Restart your iPad: turn it off, wait for a few minutes and turn it on again.
Reset it: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Close apps: double press Home button or four finger swipe upwards to reveal multitask bar. Delete all apps there.

Perhaps one of your issues is solved then.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or do a Restore if any of those troubleshooting doesn't help. It's so hard to always watch your ipad and always making sure not to let the screen lock so it wont turn off. That's errrrr. hehe.

OP
allidenison

allidenison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done all of that including a complete restore to a brand new account. Still no luck...

Most reactions

Latest posts