What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems restoring

Johneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have 5.0.1 installed with Cydia. I want to restore but get unknown error occurred 3194.

I have tried UT but the set hosts to cydia box is grayed out

Tried to put it in DFU mode, same issue

Tried to download the update myself 5.1.1 3GGMS - but same thing
iPad2,2_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.zip
and and jkkkk
Any ideas?

OP
J

Johneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the 'and and jkkkk' is my dodgy keyboard btw - nothing to do with this issue

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At this time, there is no way to install any iOS on an iPad2 other than iOS 6. If you need to restore or upgrade your iPad, then you must use iOS 6 as that is the only one Apple is signing (read: approving). Sorry.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to preserve your jailbreak, then the best advice is to wait for the new version of redsn0w. It will allow you some flexibility to restore 5.x firmwares on the iPad2 IF you have saved SHSH Blobs in Cydia or via TinyUmbrella. If you do restore to 6.0, you will be stuck there until a new jailbreak is developed and released.

We don't have a release date for either the new jailbreak or the new redsn0w which will support restoration of 5.x firmwares.

OP
J

Johneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
actually v6 is fine. I'm not fussed about JB'ing after the restore as yet. I just want to restore and get it to a fresh...

any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts