What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia crashing on startup

Matt8188

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got myself into a mess with Cydia. This occurred when I was trying to locate movie box, at first Cydia was unable to fetch something, then it updated itself and seemed to work but no movie box, a few steps (steps I can no longer recall) later Cydia now opens for a few seconds then crashes.

I have an Ipad3 running ios 5.1.1.

I have been trying to restore my ios in order to re-jailbreak. Itunes however returns an error 3194 when I shift restore using a number of different downloaded ipsw.

I have tried using redsn0w to restore but the furthest I have got with this was using an ipsw 6.0.1 as tinyumbrella was telling me I have shsh blobs for 6.0.1. However this fails with a message along the lines of 'unable to fetch apticket'

Any advice?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but the only restore option you have is to iOS 6.1.3. You cannot put any other iOS on there, whether you have SHSH blobs or not. And, iOS 6.1.3 is not jealbreakable at this time.

Marilyn

OP
M

Matt8188

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm I was afraid that may be the case, guess I have to play the waiting game. Thank you for your reply.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have iFile and/or MobileTerminal installed, I'd attempt to re-install Cydia first before throwing in the towel.

OP
M

Matt8188

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have iFile installed, how do I go about re-installing Cydia?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Download the Cydia 1.1.8 deb here. SSH/FTP it onto your device. Open up iFile, and go to the .deb. Open it with Installer, then respring your device

OP
M

Matt8188

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right, took me a while to get round to doing it but it worked. Thank you very much.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad everything worked out. On another note, I wouldn't recommend re-installing Cydia unless it's a last resort. Sometimes it can do more harm that good. The best way to get Cydia fixed through re-install is using MobileTerminal commands if you have to re-install, which is a lot safer than running the debian package method.

OP
M

Matt8188

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah a couple things have seemingly been affected. New apps from the appstore just sit idle with "waiting" as the title and don't install, also it only charges to about 30% overnight and drains very quickly. These could both be a result of other efforts to restore Cydia previous to the reinstall, but I have only noticed them recently.

I'm guessing these will be due to software issues and probably will be fixed if and when I update to a newer iOS.

Most reactions