What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Error In Restoring >.< PLEASE HELP!!!

Reaction score
Okay, im new to this posting threads/forums thingy so forgive me if im kinda Noob-ish. So last week, I left my ipad running all night because I was listening to music. And then the next day, my ipad was still running. I installed a cydia app called "PdaNet" and then my ipad rebooted. But then it got stuck on the apple logo and then it will show a little loading wheel on the center and then back to the apple logo then back to the loading wheel. So, what I did was I put it into DFU mode and then I tried to restore it on iTunes to firmware 5.1.1 but then it shows a "3194 Error".. Ive also tried it on 5.1 but then it will still show an error.
I tried to change the hosts thingy (you know the one where you will add a gs.apple.com something to the last line of the host file) and tried to do the tinyUmbrella thingy but then it sill doesnt work. I also updated my iTunes to the latest version and I tried to restore it on both my PC's but still wont work.
Is my iPad damaged or something? Is there any way I could fix it because I really really really need to fix it because if my dad finds out about this, he's gonna kill me. Please help me! I have an iPad 2 Wifi, 16 GB (if that helps), 5.0.1 firmware, and it is jailbroken. Please guys help me! If you had an error like this before what did you do? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can only assume that PDANet did not agree with your iPad. So, the following is so that you can go back to Cydia and uninstall the tweak:

Disconnect your iPad from the computer and then get it out of DFU mode. To do that, do a reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If the iPad does not come back so that you can see the springboard, start the reset process again. However, this time, when you first see the white Apple logo, do release the buttons but then immediately press and hold the volume UP button. You are putting the iPad into Safe Mode.

With this, the springboard should appear. It won't look like it did before your troubles started, but don't worry (Mobile Substrate stuff is turned off - so the iPad will [almost] look stock). Search for and then open Cydia. It should open and then you can uninstall PDANet.

Once PDANet is uninstalled (and the iPad should respring), the iPad should be fine and should run as normal - jail broke on iOS 5.0.1.

Holler back if this doesn't work. Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. And, while I understand your frustrations and concerns, please have a little respect for members of this forum and the rules. Bumping a post 10 minutes after you make it is a very poor way to get assistance. Our rules require a 48- hour wait - with no response - before you "bump."

P.P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. May help. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
OP
I
Reaction score
When I did the safe mode thingy, it would show the apple logo then show the loading wheel again..:(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound like you are doing it right. Reset the device and immediately hold down the VOLUME UP key all the time until it boots. It may take a minute or two to complete. You should not get the spinning wheel if you do this right.

If it persists and you cannot get around it, you may need to restore, but that will mean going to IOS 6 and losing your opportunity to jailbreak any time soon as things stand.

Also, do you have OpenSSH installed? If so, are you able to connect to the device from your PC via a SSH client as it boots?

OP
I
Reaction score
I updated it to ios 6 and it finally worked! HAHA!! YAY! Thank you so so much! I swear I LOVE YOU!

Most reactions

Latest posts