What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-Jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1 iPad 3 to iOS 5.1.1

jodhus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using Absinthe 2, I've jailbroken my iPad 3 iOS 5.1.1.

While uninstalling some packages, I've lost the Cydia (i tried searching and Cydia is completely gone)

After some browsing I've learned that the best way to get the Cydia back is to restore to the original 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak the iPad.

I'm stuck at restoring the original 5.1.1 after putting the iPad to the DFU mode, I've tried to restore with the original 5.1.1 firmware using shift+restore to no avail. I kept on getting the 3164 error.

I searched and I found out that I should be unblocking the gs.apple.com at the hosts file. I was skeptical due to the fact that the 5.1.1 signing window has been closed for a while..... So I tried leaving the TinyUmbrella on as well. Well, that didn't work either. Now I get 1600 error....

I would appreciate some help/direction.

Again, the objective is to get from my Jailbroken iOS 5.1.1 Ipad 3 w/ Missing Cydia back to jailbroken iOS 5.1.1 w/ workin cydia.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

OP
J

jodhus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,

Thanks for replying.

Yes I did save the blob using tinyumbrella. I don't have openssh installed so tinyumbrella was my only option. If someone has the .ipa file of OpenSSH, i can try installing it using ifunbox..... Is the blob that is saved via tinyumbrella not the "real" blob???

I tried following the directions from the link that you've provided I get the following error.

"It seems that APTicket flashed on the device cannot be reused.... if the current firmware was installed via OTA or factory, its APTicket contains the wrong data....... "

The Ipad 3 came preinstalled with 5.1.1 and i jailbroke it the day i got it...

hope to hear back from you soon.

(if anyone has the ipa of openssh please pm me or point me towards the right direction, thanks!!!)

[Edit]
Maybe I'm oversimplifying the situation, but since my objective is to reinstall Cydia on 5.1.1 (ipad3)
If I have the latest api file for cydia (5.1.1) and push it through ifunbox, wouldn't that solve the problem?
If someone has the cydia.api file for 5.1.1 let me know....

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, yes, that's a "bad" SHSH blob. Since it's 5.1.1 from the factory, the re-restore process won't work.

So, since you really have nothing to lose if you want to keep the jail break (versus going to iOS 6.0.1), try this:

1) Download the latest redsn0w
2) Download the 5.1.1 IPSW if you don't already have it (from here: )
3) Open redsn0w and select your IPSW (if you're using Windows, be in Administrator mode)
4) Turn off iPad
5) Run redsn0w with only the "Install Cydia" box checked

Hopefully, that should put Cydia back on your iPad. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts