What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with full cover on iPAD-2 due to Camera

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like my fully covered iPAD-1 cover. Makes me more conferable throwing it any place without thinking.
With iPAD-2 there is a Camera on the back. So if you are looking for a full cover (unlike the magnet on side cover) , you may have a problem , since they must put a hole in it.

Not that it is so important. Just a thought.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess they could cover the hole with clear perspex or something similar. Though it would have to be optically pretty good not to adversely impact the quality of the picture.

Tim
Scotland

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It'd just be like the case for any smartphone with a camera on the "back" - fail to see why would that tiny hole be a "problem".

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts. Haven't read much about smartphone camera damage. Damn mines never covered in my pockets and I never think about the camera.......too late now.

Worry ye not!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The point he OP is getting at is if you have a full covered case then you wouldn't be able to use the camera

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've cut holes in the apple case already. Another isn't beyond the capabilities of my drill! :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The point he OP is getting at is if you have a full covered case then you wouldn't be able to use the camera

Well then ~ hopefully if one has the iPad2, you will NOT use a full covered case. Besides ~ its a matter of time before cases hit that will accommodate that little tiny hole that some are trippin about.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seriously doubt we will even see a full case for the iPad 2 that doesn't have a cutout for rear camera. Therefore, I fail to see how this is a problem.

Michael

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, duh. On the other hand, a manufacturer who designed and built a case for the iPad 2 without an aperture for the back camera would be an instant design fail. It's totally a non-issue.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How would anyone end up with an iPad 1 cover without the corresponding iPad. Surely when the iPad is passed on/sold, the new owner wants to keep the cover?

Yeah, it would make sense (or as a selling incentive) for iPad 1 owners reselling their device to pass on the accessories which only fit/work for iPad 1, assuming the new owner wants them.

Surely people didn't think that Apple would not redesign/resize the iPad 2, looking at their history of redesigning products between generations, in the wishful thinking that they could reuse their iPad 1 covers?

Abrennan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eyepadulation.com
Strange thread

Being thinner the new iPad may not fit well in an old iPad case

Why the fault finding? I can't work it out. The thread creator has already pointed out that they won't be getting ipad2 and now the invention of problems that don't exist.

I can't wait to get hold of iPad 2, and a new cover

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've cut holes in the apple case already. Another isn't beyond the capabilities of my drill! :)

I know thats right. I just recently got a new case for my Ipad. I might send it back and wait for a Ipad 2 case.

Most reactions

Latest posts