What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem using Bump

holein10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded Bump to both my iPhone and iPad and turned on locations on both devices but I can't bump photos between them. I read somewhere that this could be due to a bug in iOS 5. Is there any truth in this?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Bump between my iPhone 4S and my iPad3, both running iOS 5.1.1. It takes some fiddling, but it works for me. What I've found is that you have to hold the iPad in one hand and then "bump" rather hard with the phone in your other hand. Takes practice to get it going, but it's pretty consistent for me now.

All I can suggest is that you keep trying...

Marilyn

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This sounds like a fun app. Will one of you be so kind and give me a specific name for the app? I searched in the AppStore and got all kinds of games. I found an app called Flick It, that sounded like the app, but the description didn't. Thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's called "Bump." Don't know why it won't show for you...

As an addition, Bump Technologies just released a new web site where you can bump your photos with your computer to transfer photos from your iDevice to your computer. All you do is use either Firefox or Chrome (will not work with Internet Explorer) and type "bu.mp" in the URL bar. Enable the location find on your computer, hold the iDevice and "bump" it on your keyboard space bar. Your pictures will be sent to the computer for downloading. it's a bit tricky with an iPad ... but it will work.

Marilyn

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, I found the app Bump, it was an iPhone app, so my search filter didn't find it. Thanks.

Last edited:

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Bump between my iPhone 4S and my iPad3, both running iOS 5.1.1. It takes some fiddling, but it works for me. What I've found is that you have to hold the iPad in one hand and then "bump" rather hard with the phone in your other hand. Takes practice to get it going, but it's pretty consistent for me now.

All I can suggest is that you keep trying...

Marilyn

WOW! :thumbs:That is so cool!:thumbs: I just set up Bump on my iPad and computer, and my Wife's iPad also. Too cool! Sure beats emailing pictures. Now to search and find out if it works for documents. :D

Cheers, Dan

Most reactions

Latest posts