What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue with Bluetooth connection of ipad2 with a stereo headset

Gabicho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi community,
Having an issue with a Phillips SHB9000 stereo headset that worked like a charm with my ipad1 (now sold) and still works fine with my iPhone 4. Both devices are running iOS 5.01.
Once the connection made, sound is interrupted because the headset is constantly rebooting, like if iPad would be sending instructions to reboot, in the middle of the BT protocol. Both headsets work fine with my PC too, so the problem doesn't come from them.
Tried all the operations (reset, unpairing, re-pairing, reboot) with all the 4 devices (iphone4, ipad2 and 2 same headsets). Also made a time consuming restore of ipad The combination iphone4/headset still works fine, but not the Ipad2/headset.
I have 2 headsets (the same). Both have the problem with ipad2, but not with iphone4.
Looks like, either an Apple bug, either a hardware problem of my ipad2 (2 weeks old). However, Bluetooth connection between ipad2 and iphone4 for file and photo transfer works fine with no interruption. It really seems to be a bug. Did anyone hear about this issue? Or better, did anyone have and fix a similar issue?

alips

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but I have exactly the same issue. I am about to through the headphones away...

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is done by apple for reasons i can't understand. This is not an error or fault of either your ipad2 or stereo bluetooth headset.

seking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also experienced the same problem with an application called "equalizer". I changed playing music to music application and now it works fine. Some applications may not be optimized for io 5.0.1. by the way what application are you using for music? I am using (Plantronics Backbeat 903+ Plus Bluetooth Headset A2DP

Vanya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seking said:
I also experienced the same problem with an application called "equalizer". I changed playing music to music application and now it works fine. Some applications may not be optimized for io 5.0.1. by the way what application are you using for music? I am using (Plantronics Backbeat 903+ Plus Bluetooth Headset A2DP

Seking, great post. I'm trying to do exactly the same with identical headset.
Can I please ask how you "changed playing music to music application" and which music application did you use?

Many thanks in advance,

V.

OP
G

Gabicho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to an apple store and had my iPad2 replaced by a new one. We tested the new one with the Genious girl that made the change and we observed that the new one had the same issue: Bluetooth headphone had a very random connection and could not be used!
Back to home, I realized that the new iPad seemed to be a little more stable than the old one and that even the loudspeaker was more powerful. So, I decided to perform some additional tests.
By the moment, the situation did not change, but I get an almost perfect connection when I enable the airplane mode and then enable Bluetooth only. In other words: wifi and 3G seem to interfere with Bluetooth. It looks a problem with AirPlay. If wifi is enabled, iPad seems to try to stream music trough AirPlay and disables Bluetooth. When wifi is disabled, music is streamed by Bluetooth only and is almost stable (85-90%).
To listen music stored in iPad, it is almost fine, but forget to use your headset to streamed music or video.

Most reactions