What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem: Some apps get automatically closed without apparent reason on JB iPad 2 5.01

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I Jailbreaked my iPad 2 iOs 5.01 same day @pod2g released Absinthe. Some weeks later some apps started to get closed suddenly without apparent reason like: Facebook or Twitter (official apps), even Safari, and recently iPhoto. They get open for some seconds and then get closed.
I wonder if there is any log in which I can find the reason, that would be probably a problem of dependencies or something like that.
Any help is very welcomed!
Thanks in advanced friends

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
prodhprod said:
Hi guys,
I Jailbreaked my iPad 2 iOs 5.01 same day @pod2g released Absinthe. Some weeks later some apps started to get closed suddenly without apparent reason like: Facebook or Twitter (official apps), even Safari, and recently iPhoto. They get open for some seconds and then get closed.
I wonder if there is any log in which I can find the reason, that would be probably a problem of dependencies or something like that.
Any help is very welcomed!
Thanks in advanced friends

Did you've tried to completely close apps by double tap home button and then tap'n'hold app icon in bottom bar, then press grey 'X' on it? Better to close all apps. Or to reboot or reset or, at least, just respring your iPad?
Try it it must help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In order to troubleshoot you really need to step back through the stuff you installed from Cydia most recently. List out the tweaks and apps you have added lately and we'll see if we can spot anything that could be an issue.

OP
prodhprod

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I tried to fully close apps, and also free memory using SB SETTINGS 'free up memory', and it keeps crashing.
I've unistalled this evening all tweaks from Cydia and reboot, but Facebook and Safari keep crashing. Facebook crash when I open a Facebook page, same as Safari. So I think Facebook is using the Safari engine. I start thinking that the problem is Safari. Do you know if is there any public issue with Safari iOs 5.01?

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was not jailbroken and yet safari and several apps kept crashing out frequently - the update to 5.1 appears to have fixed this; not an option if you want to stay jailbroken though

I tried all sorts before this, even complete restore and starting from scratch but nothing fixed it until the update

OP
prodhprod

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thks Tim84! Your help is so valuable.
So I just can only wait till the 5.1 or higher JB comes ;)
Thanks everybody for your help

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bad news - I've had two crashes out of App's since my iOS 5.1 upgrade now :(

Good news - I used to get a fair few more, so still feel it's fixed the issue almost completely :)

Most reactions

Latest posts