What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best practices for jailbreaking iPad 3 5.1.1 without saved blobs?

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I expect to have a refurb iPad3 tomorrow evening, specifically advertised to be running 5.1.1. I have jailbroken my iPad 1 several times, but never after the signing window had closed and without blobs saved. As I understand it, I have one shot at getting things right. If anything chokes, I'm forced to restore to 6.0.1. Assuming that this is the case, is there any advice for giving me the best chance of success, beyond the stickied guides:

• Absinthe vs. Redsn0w?
  • do I transfer my apps, contacts, etc. from my old iPad to the new before I JB, or does it even matter?
  • Any other points to consider?
The tweaks I plan to install are all well proven on my iPad 1 running 5.1.1, so I'm confident that I won't get hamstrung after I get successfully jailbroken, but first I have to walk the tightrope to get to that point. I appreciate any info that will help get me there. Thanks in advance!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My advice, use redsn0w, and do it immediately after the device setup wizard is complete, before any sync with iTunes.

it's just a question of connecting to redsn0w and pressing "jailbreak". Good luck.

OP
AWolfOutWest

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, f4780y! redsn0w worked a treat...smooth as silk. Now to rebuild my new iPad to pick up where my iPad 1 left off. So far so good. Cheers!

Most reactions

Latest posts