What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 v.511 jailbroken..how to close background apps by double tapping screen???

Anna Lucia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a JB ipad 2 v 5.11 working perfectly! Love it... i also had a jailbroken iphone 4 v4.21 with sbsettings and some other app that i had configured to allow me to close background apps by double tapping the top bar where the clock /service/signal are (awesome!) is there something like this for the ipad 2? i do not want to use the home button (in fear that eventually it will lose its sensitivity over the years due to overuse).. because we all know these products are not designed to last forever.. any ideas? help? please?!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll assume you have Activator installed since it is fundamental to many popular jailbreak tweaks. If not, you do need to install that :D

Then try installing "AppQuit Activator Actions" from Cydia, then configure Activator in the Settings app to close the current app when you double tap the status bar (or any other action which Activator supports ;) )

If you don't actually want to fully "quit" the app (because just pressing home does not normally quit an app), then Activator has a "Home" action built right into it. No need to download any extra package. That's the best way to avoid having to press the home button (although I should say, I have never broken a home button yet and mine get a lot of abuse!)

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
About the tweak you have installed on the iPhone - does it not work on the iPad? Cause, if it did, you could install it on the iPad and use it. The iOS is pretty much the same for both the iPad and the iPhone - so maybe that tweak will work. May I suggest you tell us which tweak you have on the iPhone - then we might know whether it'll work on the iPad.

If that iPhone tweak won't work on your iPad, there are many tweaks to use to close back ground apps (and/or completely clear the multi-task bar). I use WeeKillBackground Pro ($.99, USD) and it can be put in your Notification Center and set up so that, with just a tab (after swiping down your NC), you've cleared the multi-task bar. No Home button action required. There are others, but I can't remember what they are at the moment, sorry.

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

OP
A

Anna Lucia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect!

Thank you both for the replies.. when i get home ill try these out!!! i do not remember the app but i think it was KillBackGround because that does sound familiar .. i have since upgraded my phone to an iphone 5 and reset the 4 back to factory settings to sell it - i should have taken note of the name

Thanks again

OP
A

Anna Lucia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works perfectly! Went the activator & AppQuit

I think i might try that boss theme out now :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ohoho the boss.iPad theme, is the best $2.99 you'll ever spend for cosmetics.

Most reactions