What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem saving multiple photos via PhotoSync or email

Kenzo-oz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using an iPad Air and have started having problems transferring photos from my android phone via PhotoSync or even saving multiple photos received via email.

I have been able to use PhotoSync successfully on this machine previously

The PhotoSync app appears to work with the transfer dialogue appearing on both devices but at the end of the process no images are saved to the Camera roll.

I have also noticed in the Mail app if I try to save multiple images and select that option from the displayed menu no images are displayed.

I have nearly 10gig free space.
I have turned iPad on and off after holding power and control buttons down.
I am on os10.3.3

Any ideas?
Kenzo-oz

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You also did a restart/reset on the Android device?

Are you using iCloud Photo Library, and if so how much iCloud storage do you have left?

If restarting/reseting isn’t working, check to see if PhotoSync has been updated recently on either device. Contact the developer to report the issue.

I’m afraid that’s the only advice I can offer on the use of PhotoSync.

As far as Mail’s behavior, the iCloud Photo Library storage is all I can think of.

OP
K

Kenzo-oz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You also did a restart/reset on the Android device?

Are you using iCloud Photo Library, and if so how much iCloud storage do you have left?

If restarting/reseting isn’t working, check to see if PhotoSync has been updated recently on either device. Contact the developer to report the issue.

I’m afraid that’s the only advice I can offer on the use of PhotoSync.

As far as Mail’s behavior, the iCloud Photo Library storage is all I can think of.

Thanks for speedy reply. I'll try updating apps and restarting.

I don't use iCloud.

Any thoughts re the Mail issue...where multiple images aren't saved.

Thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. I can’t think of any reason Mail should be acting up. How many photos do you have in your iPad’s Photo library?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The weekend before the update to iOS 11, I tried saving three images from an email to my photos app. I selected “Save 3 Photos", but only the one picture I'd tapped was saved, I had to do this one by one. So this happened to me as well. At that time, I had one iPad running iOS 11, and the other one 10.3.3. Sadly, I don’t remember which one I used when I tried saving the images.

Let Apple know about this glitch:
Feedback - iPad - Apple
It's quite likely they won't reply, but at least they might address this in a future update - in case this is still a glitch on iOS 11-, if a few users are affected.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kenzo-oz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. I can’t think of any reason Mail should be acting up. How many photos do you have in your iPad’s Photo library?

I have 2500 photos...

I have updated apps and restarted...still no change.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have 2500 photos...

I have updated apps and restarted...still no change.

I’d thought you might be pussing the number of photos that Photos would handle easily, but 2500 is actually a smallish library comparied to many people.

Last thought, and this is really reaching, are you sure it was 10 GB free. It’s easy not to noice the MB vs GB suffix.

Most reactions

Latest posts