What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pro 9.7 Smart Cover cracking at the hinge

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I picked up the silicon case and the magnetic smart cover when I got my 9.7 three months ago.

I was looking at it today and see that the hinge on the cover is cracking. I'm going to run by the Apple store tomorrow and see what they say.. I'm not happy about this. I think it will crack again due to the design.

Has anyone else with an Apple smart cover experienced cracking?

smartcovercrack.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I picked up the silicon case and the magnetic smart cover when I got my 9.7 three months ago.

I was looking at it today and see that the hinge on the cover is cracking. I'm going to run by the Apple store tomorrow and see what they say.. I'm not happy about this. I think it will crack again due to the design.

Has anyone else with an Apple smart cover experienced cracking?

View attachment 73343
I haven't had that happen to the Smart Cover for my iPad Pro but as you only purchased yours 3 months ago, it should still be under warranty. You may have received a defective Smart Cover

OP
jwt873

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK.. Thanks for the reply. It could just be bad luck. I went over my records after I posted and see that I got it two months ago, (June 10), not three. I'll be very upset if they don't replace it.

We'll see what the geniuses say tomorrow :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK.. Thanks for the reply. It could just be bad luck. I went over my records after I posted and see that I got it two months ago, (June 10), not three. I'll be very upset if they don't replace it.

We'll see what the geniuses say tomorrow :)
Just make sure to bring the receipt along with the defective Smart Cover when you go to the Apple Store.

OP
jwt873

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally got down the Apple Store today... It was jammed as usual.

I was greeted by a Genius who called another Genius who decided it should be covered under warranty. He called yet another Genius who took a new cover off the shelf and swapped out my cracked one and did the paperwork.

So, I have a new cover. It actually didn't take that long as it sounds... About 15 minutes. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally got down the Apple Store today... It was jammed as usual.

I was greeted by a Genius who called another Genius who decided it should be covered under warranty. He called yet another Genius who took a new cover off the shelf and swapped out my cracked one and did the paperwork.

So, I have a new cover. It actually didn't take that long as it sounds... About 15 minutes. :)
I'm glad it went smoothly for you. Apple has one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry. Their warranty service is one of the main reasons.

Most reactions

Latest posts