What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printscreen

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it just me, when l make a printscreen it goes to a small photo in the corner and sits before it disappears. It used to just blink and go. Can l reset it to that?
Thanks B.B

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it just me, when l make a printscreen it goes to a small photo in the corner and sits before it disappears. It used to just blink and go. Can l reset it to that?
Thanks B.B
Thats the normal operation, as far as I know, there's no way to stop it. The purpose is to allow you to make immediate edits or annotations to the screenshot without having to go to the photos app. You can swipe the thumbnail to the left to dismiss it.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Love it myself.

Before, when making screenshots for the forum I had to go to the Photos app to find and annotate them. Now I make and annotate them immediately. No need to switch back and forth between apps, or the alternative, to make a bunch of screenshots then go to Photos and try to remembver what I meant to do.

Combined with Shortcuts (used to be Workflow) I can resize and save the screenshot in an album, making it easy to find when it comes time to post.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That started with iOS 10 or 11, and it’s not possible to reset it to it’s previous behaviour.

Thank you
JA l thought l was going nuts when reading the first reply.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find it a great help as I can edit out the menu bar at the top of the screenshot. Quite a few times, e.g. with a Safari screenshot, I have tried to click on a menu item...☹️

Most reactions