What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Half sign on keyboard

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi so the main sign l tend to use is ½. As l wrote my drop down screen was not like yours. Here's what l have l achieved so far. With Unicode App Express.
View attachment 83202View attachment 83203View attachment 83204
If you check the keyboard l type 3 letters the ½ appears on the keyboard.
B.B.

That is the Shortcuts and Predictive Text bar. Shortcuts are the icons. The predictive text tries to guess what you are going to type, so you can just tap it to finish the word. It almost always includes any Text Replacements you’ve set up.

If you don’t use the predictive text, the replacement will happen after you enter the space at the end of the word/shortcut text.

My text preplacement is set up to replace 1/2 with ½. It’s convinient because it doesn’t require me to remember the shortcut. However, on the rare occation I want the actual characters 1/2, I have to trick it by tuyping then with a space between each character, then going back and deleting the spaces.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great!

Just a notice:
Your shortcut VD is spelled Vielen Dank in German.

Yes l noticed that also. Have not visited text replacement for ages. Should l remove Veilen Dank it st works as you see.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is the Shortcuts and Predictive Text bar. Shortcuts are the icons. The predictive text tries to guess what you are going to type, so you can just tap it to finish the word. It almost always includes any Text Replacements you’ve set up.

If you don’t use the predictive text, the replacement will happen after you enter the space at the end of the word/shortcut text.

My text preplacement is set up to replace 1/2 with ½. It’s convinient because it doesn’t require me to remember the shortcut. However, on the rare occation I want the actual characters 1/2, I have to trick it by tuyping then with a space between each character, then going back and deleting the spaces.

To complicated for a simple guy like me.

Most reactions