What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need more space

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Removed a lot of music got some space back, some apps helped.
I only have 16 16GB's sadly it gets burnt quickly.
3.87 GB's is used up by documents and data, can you explain what that might be. And how l can free some of it if it's not needed any longer.
Thanks in Advance B.B.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Documents and data can be from any of the apps on your iPhone. This would include stored messages and emails and anything downloaded in an app.

Under General in phone settings-iPhone storage l found the list of all my apps. With the options and data amounts. I was able to remove some more and remove and reinstall some clearing the data. I realise l saved not much but every bit helps. Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I only have 16 16GB's sadly it gets burnt quickly.
3.87 GB's is used up by documents and data, can you explain what that might be.....

Under General in phone settings-iPhone storage l found the list of all my apps. With the options and data amounts. I was able to remove some more and remove and reinstall some clearing the data. I realise l saved not much but every bit helps...

Hi BB - please clarify which iDevice you are talking about, i.e. you've posted in the iPad Air 2 forum and then discussion has migrated to iPhone storage (of course, both are using the same iOS) - but for those reading your thread, would be nice to know which device you are concerned about?

Now, I'm assuming that you have an Air 2 w/ only 16 GB of storage - correct? If so, then you realize that you should have bought more storage from the start (I have the Air 2 w/ 64 GB realizing that 16 GB would be a poor choice except to save $$) - you are unlikely to solve your storage issues w/ such a measly amount of GBs - I would suggest considering a new iPad or a 'used' one w/ more storage - just my feeling. Dave :)

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your wonderful suggestion but l have no intention of buying a new iPhone. My usage on my iPhone very minimal now. I will wait until it breaks.
From my work on the iPad yesterday cleaning up l now have 5 GB's free. Thanks to the suggestions from scifan. I'm safe with this one for a while l believe.
And l am not as RICH as you. My iPad was a Christmas Present. I did not get a choice.
Thank you.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi BB - first, glad that you're recovering some storage. Second, my comment about upgrading from 16 GB was certainly not meant to elicit the responses above, just a thought if w/i your budget or that of others who may be having the same issue(s). So, sorry if you were offended, just my opinion. Dave :)

Most reactions