What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest update 10.2.1

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yesterday l installed the latest update, today something unusual is happening. Some of my Apps do not turn when l open them, therefore l have to turn my iPad. No problem.
Today however the main screen will not turn back, it just stays on it's side. The only way that l could solve this was to make a full reset. This appears to have cleared to fault.

I post this just in case someone else finds this also.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The issue w/ a 'stuck' screen orientation has been reported here in this THREAD w/ several of the usual suggestions provided. Also, this is not a problem unique to the present iOS and has been reported w/ previous versions - here is Apple's KB Article - I have had the problem occasionally on my iPad Air 2 - sometimes just opening and closing the magnetic smart cover helps or a simple 'sleep' w/ the ON-OFF button has also corrected the issue; but I've less often needed a 'Restart' and rarely a 'Reset' - Dave :)

Most reactions