What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing

What is the best way to print directly to printer if you do not have an air printer ?

Well, AirPrint appears to be your only 'wireless' option at the moment, and the only printers that have that technology are made by HP; so if you do not have a compatible printer, you're 'out of luck' for that choice.

Depending on the app that you are using (not sure what you want to print, i.e. documents, pictures, or other?), you could either email the 'file' to yourself and print from your computer or sync w/ iTunes and retrieve the file from your computer and then print off your non-AirPrint printer.

There may be other possibilities and I'll be interested in some other opinions myself - :)

I really, really like FingerPrint app (Collobos Software). It tricks the iPad into thinking that any printer connected to a computer with FingerPrint running is an AirPrint compatible printer. My HP LaserJet 4100 works great and I can print from any app on my iPad to it. $10 well spent.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back