What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print from IPad without Airprint

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found an app today that let's me print from the iPad to my network printer, it may be off assistance to those of you like myself that gave up on trying to get AirPrint to work.

I loaded an app onto my IPad today called 'Save2PDF' primarly so I could print a PDF copy of flight confirmations etc from web pages. It works great for this.

Whilst using the app I noticed that it had automatically picked up the printers on my network. So I read up about the app and it said will allow you to printer direct from the iPad to a wireless printer without a PC being turned on.

Alternatively as in my case If don't have a wireless printer and you have a wired network printer, You can download the free 'Weprint' server software to your PC, as i did, fired it up and hey presto I can print to my network printer,

Although in my case I need my PC on, i suppose its no different to AirPrint, just without all the faffing about turning guest accounts on etc

This may be old news and I may be behind the times a bit, but I thought I would share just in case

Thanks

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quick question on Save2pdf, does it support export to dropbox?
Would be useful if it does.

fishr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where are these apps?

Where do you find these apps? Are they available from the App Store or somewhere else? Is it possible to get apps elsewhere? How do you do that?

OP
S

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question on Save2pdf, does it support export to dropbox?
Would be useful if it does.

Doesnt appear to support export to Dropbox, but you can send to email

OP
S

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do you find these apps? Are they available from the App Store or somewhere else? Is it possible to get apps elsewhere? How do you do that?

yes, going into App Store and search for 'Save2pdf' and it will bring up the App

darren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App shopping

Try isle 2 next to get a brain 2for1 offers!
App store is where you buy apps, get it.

RTShaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A www man. Than k u just what I needed cause I sure don't know how 2 print 2 my hp wired net printer.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found an app today that let's me print from the iPad to my network printer, it may be off assistance to those of you like myself that gave up on trying to get AirPrint to work.

I loaded an app onto my IPad today called 'Save2PDF' primarly so I could print a PDF copy of flight confirmations etc from web pages. It works great for this.

Whilst using the app I noticed that it had automatically picked up the printers on my network. So I read up about the app and it said will allow you to printer direct from the iPad to a wireless printer without a PC being turned on.

Alternatively as in my case If don't have a wireless printer and you have a wired network printer, You can download the free 'Weprint' server software to your PC, as i did, fired it up and hey presto I can print to my network printer,

Although in my case I need my PC on, i suppose its no different to AirPrint, just without all the faffing about turning guest accounts on etc

This may be old news and I may be behind the times a bit, but I thought I would share just in case

Thanks

But can you print from Pages?

Bob Maxey

Most reactions

Latest posts