What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrint without a desktop computer?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
AirPrint without a desktop computer? WORKS GREAT!!!

Hi peeps

i'm interested in purchasing a nice and cheap HP Airprint enabled wireless printer for use for printing directly from my iphone and ipad. here it is -

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/CN245B-Photosmart-Wireless--All--Printer/dp/B003OG3PPE/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1310926022&sr=1-3"]HP CN245B Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer[/ame]

question is, can i use this printer directly from the box, switch it on and have my ipad2 auto detect it without the use of any desk top pc's/macs?

i presently dont have a pc or mac at home. is this an issue? or can i purely just use my ipad and iphone and the printer together?

thanks

Last edited:

schmidtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No additional hardware required.
You would need to configure the printer to join your existing network.
Once you do that you ipad, pod, phone will detect it automagically.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No additional hardware required.
You would need to configure the printer to join your existing network.

As in my wifi signal from my router? No pc required for any configurations?

Yes - the router will assign the IP addresses to the printer and to your iPad - that's all you need, no PC required at all. Let us know how the printer works when you get it.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The price of disc drives is just amazing these days - I can remember the days when no-one even knew what a TB was....:D

Tim

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Awesomeness. It arrived yesterday,but just got it out the box 5 mins ago......

Fixed supplied colour cartridges into it, plugged it into the wall, switched it on and it went through 5 mins or so auto setting up and self calibrating.
It then prompted me to select a wifi signal, and input my WEP code, which I did. It is now done.

Opened a file on my ipad2, pressed the send to print option, it auto selected my printer, and printed full page email for me in seconds.

How wonderful is that?

No messing, no confusion, no complicatedness and no desk top computer or set up in sight! Im a complete printer nube too.

All I did was get out of box, insert inks, switch on, type in my router code, then press print on iPad and all works first time!

Most reactions

Latest posts