What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prevent iPad to fall a sleep

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
I am using VLC Streamer to copy my movie from PC to iPad. Copy process might take a while. I noticed that when I close the cover iPad falls a sleep and stop copying very soon. I just wondering if there is an option when I could disable it? I mean I want to leave my iPad charged, close magnetic cover but prevent it from falling asleep or turning off.
Is it possible?
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it's certainly possible.Go to; settings-general-auto lock-never.That will keep your iPad from going to sleep and stoping the download.If it's a large download,you may want to plug in your iPad.When the download is complete,you can restore the auto lock to its previous setting.To stop the smart cover from putting the iPad to sleep and stopping the download when closed,go to;settings-general-iPad cover lock/unlock,and slide the button to off.Remember to change it back when the download is complete.

Last edited:
OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Yes it's certainly possible.Go to; settings-general-auto lock-never.That will keep your iPad from going to sleep and stoping the download.If it's a large download,you may want to plug in your iPad.When the download is complete,you can restore the auto lock to its previous setting.To stop the smart cover from putting the iPad to sleep and stopping the download when closed,go to;settings-general-iPad cover lock/unlock,and slide the button to off.Remember to change it back when the download is complete.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts