What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover Problem? Ipad sleeps prematurely

nicled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got an ipad2. I have a magnetic cover that covers the front & back portion of the ipad. When i open the ipad2 & the cover is folded reaching the back the Ipad2 closes or sleeps.

I suspect it is the cover - when it reaches the back that causes the Ipad2 to close.

When i fold it- with the magnetic cover not reaching the back, no problem.

When i activate the Ipad cover unlock also no problem.

Is the cover really the cause? Just want to be sure because i still have time to replace it with a new unit if it is a problem.

No problem with the ipad at all except that issue.

Thanks!

Last edited:

david rodriguez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nicled said:
Finally got an ipad2. I have a magnetic cover that covers the front & back portion of the ipad. When i open the ipad2 & the cover is folded reaching the back the Ipad2 closes or sleeps.

I suspect it is the cover - when it reaches the back that causes the Ipad2 to close.

When i fold it- with the magnetic cover not reaching the back, no problem.

When i activate the Ipad cover unlock also no problem.

Is the cover really the cause? Just want to be sure because i still have time to replace it with a new unit if it is a problem.

No problem with the ipad at all except that issue.

Thanks!

Yes I believe when the cover is fully open and hit the back of the iPad, it will put it to sleep, but once you open the cover and fold it half way, it should not put it to sleep. The iPad cover I have does the same thing.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I noticed this too, but wasn't quite as detailed in my observation. I thought when it woke up with the opening of the cover, it had a shorter auto-lock time. Your explanation makes more sense (although I haven't had a chance to confirm your assessment on my machine).

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps the cover magnets, when added to the back cover magnets are enough to activate the sleep switch?

That's if I'm reading your description of your cover correctly. ;)

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I would expect that the OP's concern may be more closely associated with the lack of quality control in the Chinese factory where the covers are made. We know that China's quality control is questionable (although that doesn't explain how they can pull off the manufacture of the iPads themselves).

Most reactions

Latest posts