What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre order question, please help.

Jones_jt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if this question has already been asked. I have pre ordered a new iPad for delivery on 16th, is there any chance it will be delivered a day early? (I have pre ordered video games before and they normally get here a day early). And will the package have "Apple" written all over it?

Reason being is the iPad is a surprise gift for my wife - I have taken the 16th off work, do I need to be at home on the 15th as well.

Many thanks.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I preordered the iPhone 4S it was delivered on the said date . I really believe Apple has an arrangement with UPS , at least here in France.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding is that Apple goes out of its way to ensure the carriers deliver on the date specified for a new launch. And, given the size of Apple, and the hurt they could put on if a carrier delivered too early - I bet you are pretty safe in believing that the new iPad will be delivered to your door on the 16th, not before. They held the new iPhone until delivery day...

And, when my iPhone 4S was delivered, it was in a brown shipping wrapper, so take that for what it's worth...

Oh, and BTW. It's going to be a GREAT surprise! What a neat husband! :)

Marilyn

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations on giving a great gift. Apple has deals wth all the carriers involved with the introduction. Not one iPad is allowed to be delivered before the 16th. I am sure that there are a few people that work for the companies that take advantage of their position, but if management was to find out, they would likely to be using their iPad for job hunting. And even if the unthinkable did happen, they will try at least twice more to make the delivery. Your biggest worry may be that they get too many deliveries to make them all on the designated day, but they are usually told not to come back unless everyone is delivered.

OP
J

Jones_jt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My understanding is that Apple goes out of its way to ensure the carriers deliver on the date specified for a new launch. And, given the size of Apple, and the hurt they could put on if a carrier delivered too early - I bet you are pretty safe in believing that the new iPad will be delivered to your door on the 16th, not before. They held the new iPhone until delivery day...

And, when my iPhone 4S was delivered, it was in a brown shipping wrapper, so take that for what it's worth...

Oh, and BTW. It's going to be a GREAT surprise! What a neat husband! :)

Marilyn

Thank you, I might be in good books for at least one day this year lol.

OP
J

Jones_jt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations on giving a great gift. Apple has deals wth all the carriers involved with the introduction. Not one iPad is allowed to be delivered before the 16th. I am sure that there are a few people that work for the companies that take advantage of their position, but if management was to find out, they would likely to be using their iPad for job hunting. And even if the unthinkable did happen, they will try at least twice more to make the delivery. Your biggest worry may be that they get too many deliveries to make them all on the designated day, but they are usually told not to come back unless everyone is delivered.

Great, thanks for the info. Hope it comes in plain packaging - don't want the surprise ruined.

Most reactions

Latest posts