What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Pet

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
The hard part would be saying goodbye to several generations of dogs in a lifetime of dog ownership.

Yeah.... I am a first time dog owner and I am dreading this with Miles!!! ;'(

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Yeah.... I am a first time dog owner and I am dreading this with Miles!!! ;'(

The smaller pooches live a lot longer than the larger breeds, so hopefully that's a bridge to cross way down the road. ;)

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
The smaller pooches live a lot longer than the larger breeds, so hopefully that's a bridge to cross way down the road. ;)

Yes, thankfully, and Miles is only 15 mos. old. :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:

You have many years ahead of you two, enjoy life with Miles.

The Archangel

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:

My sister has a Shih Tzu who is happy and healthy at 14 years old so 'don't worry....be happy' for a long time yet.......okay?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
My sister has a Shih Tzu who is happy and healthy at 14 years old so 'don't worry....be happy' for a long time yet.......okay?

OKAY... :D

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
They are great......was one of them a horse in a previous existence?

The Archangel

The Great Dane is one for Halloween every year just so people stop asking "where is the saddle for that thing"?

Sent from my iPad 4 using iPF

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wingennis said:
The Great Dane is one for Halloween every year just so people stop asking "where is the saddle for that thing"?

I know that's annoying. Miles is not one of those 2 lb. yorkies. So people are always asking me if he's pure bred, how much does he weigh, etc., etc., etc. Once, someone asked me if he is one of those "special" Yorkies. I just said. No, there are no special Yorkies, just didn't feel like having a teacup conversation on the subway, I wanted to put on my iPod in peace. iPods / itouch, whatever you use to listen to music on public transportation is a necessity lol.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wingennis said:
My big girl would have been PTS if I hadn't brought her home. Six years later, she still sleeps with her head on my pillow.

I know, sometimes they have some of the most beautiful pups on those sites!!! They PTS just because there is no room, the pup has a so called slight behavioral problem - those pups coming into those shelters are scared to death and don't know why they are there. And I not understand why anyone would want to send their pet to a shelter, especially a high kill shelter. If you want to get rid of your pet at least try to find a home for it or send it to a rescue.

What breed is she?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I know, sometimes they have some of the most beautiful pups on those sites!!! They PTS just because there is no room, the pup has a so called slight behavioral problem - those pups coming into those shelters are scared to death and don't know why they are there. And I not understand why anyone would want to send their pet to a shelter, especially a high kill shelter. If you want to get rid of your pet at least try to find a home for it or send it to a rescue.

What breed is she?

Here in Ontario in my area, the shelters are non-kill. They will find foster homes if things get crowded. I was trying to find a cat that would pass my 'cat test' but none at the shelter did, so they called in a kitten from a foster home. The kitten, now Patches passed the test. That was 12 years ago.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is part of an organization which find homes for greyhounds....ones that don't make the cut for racing and those which have finished their racing careers. The practice was to just PTS, it's an area where people just don't realize the huge numbers that are put down all the time. So far she personally has saved just over a hundred of them by finding good homes.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
Here in Ontario in my area, the shelters are non-kill. They will find foster homes if things get crowded. I was trying to find a cat that would pass my 'cat test' but none at the shelter did, so they called in a kitten from a foster home. The kitten, now Patches passed the test. That was 12 years ago.

That's so wonderful!!! The way it's supposed to be. Why can't it be like that in the US??? ;'(

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
A friend of mine is part of an organization which find homes for greyhounds....ones that don't make the cut for racing and those which have finished their racing careers. The practice was to just PTS, it's an area where people just don't realize the huge numbers that are put down all the time. So far she personally has saved just over a hundred of them by finding good homes.

That's great!!! Sad to have to die because your career is over or never began.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
That's great!!! Sad to have to die because your career is over or never began.

It is....I had never even thought of what happens with these dogs before.....it certainly was an eye opener when I found out.

Most reactions

Latest posts