What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Pet

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at an event for the shelter I volunteer at today. I walk the dogs there on Saturday mornings. I have a cat, as you guys can see, but I want a dog so badly. But i can't have one right now because

a) I don't live in an apartment that allows them
b) I am a full time student and jobless which = no money
c) I'm slightly unsure how my cat would respond

but in a year or so I am going to seriously start considering it. Shelter dogs are absolutely amazing, every single one of them. I want to rescue one so badly.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will one day Lindsey, and what a lucky dog that will be. But until then those dogs you walk are so very lucky to have you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will, one day. Just not now. I believe in fate. If your destined to meet that special dog, it will happen.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will one day Lindsey, and what a lucky dog that will be. But until then those dogs you walk are so very lucky to have you.

I'm lucky for them, too.

You will, one day. Just not now. I believe in fate. If your destined to meet that special dog, it will happen.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF
Thanks, I agree, too. Just is hard to be patient!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My wife - :D We don't have 'live' pets, but plenty of stuffed animals around the house in many different rooms (could post my bunny collection) - we do like animals but travel a lot and also have a much delicate art work in the house that could be easily 'destroyed' by 'live' animals - oh well - :)

Below a trip to Beaufort, NC - on our hotel balcony overlooking the harbor; Carrot Island is in the background which has some wild ponies (an additional pic attached); also in the harbor is the undersea archeological exploration of the Queen Anne's Revenge, Blackbeard's sunken ship - fascinating & historic place on the North Carolina coast - :thumbs:

9725519_4ocrH-O.jpg 9725528_52oLd-O.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Giradman--great pictures of your wife and wild ponies!! I can relate to our "collection of stuffed animals"- mine being teddy bears and two bunnies!! How coincidental...again!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Giradman--great pictures of your wife and wild ponies!! I can relate to our "collection of stuffed animals"- mine being teddy bears and two bunnies!! How coincidental...again!!

Hi Skimonkey - YES, we love 'stuffed' animals (no cleaning up or feeding maintenance - :thumbs:) - below a couple of more pics of my 'bunnies' and just a few of our bears! I'm really a 'sucker' for cute stuff animals - they are all over the house! Dave :)

BTW - the black bear on the far left is our most 'expensive' one - made from dyed rabbit fur!

23357464_Rx6AM-O.jpg 39167817_aBzyH-O.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Penny our Labrador

Hi Andy - although from my previous post, we no longer have 'live' pets - in my youth, we had many Labs - usually got them as puppies & brought them up - I remember at least three but my father continued to have at least one in his collection of many dogs! Thanks for the pic - :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love it, Giradman!! My husband travels a lot and I work late hours, so it is difficult right now to have a live pet! My sister and brother have dogs, so I can go over their house time to time to get a fix! I think my husband has frown to love my bears also--I think he has bought me a 2-3 in the last couple years!! Lol!! Thanks for sharing!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Giradman

Love your collection, I have quite a few teddy bears, but my mum makes them.
Here are a few of hers. The dog is in memory of our last dog, a Maltese Muttley

image-2870546454.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Giradman

Love your collection, I have quite a few teddy bears, but my mum makes them.
Here are a few of hers. The dog is in memory of our last dog, a Maltese Muttley

View attachment 7127

Thanks - looks wonderful! Boy, have a bunch of others to share, sea mammals, birds (great puffin!), etc. Plus wife collects dolls and we have some funky ones in the house - would need to take some pics, but I guess this is a 'live' pet thread? Should we start a thread on pets that don't breath or eat? :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
giradman said:
Thanks - looks wonderful! Boy, have a bunch of others to share, sea mammals, birds (great puffin!), etc. Plus wife collects dolls and we have some funky ones in the house - would need to take some pics, but I guess this is a 'live' pet thread? Should we start a thread on pets that don't breath or eat? :D

Thanks. That sounds like a great idea, would love to see your wife's dolls and surely everyone has at least 1 stuffed animal or doll or ?? to share.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Wow-Leelai, your mom makes those! They are beautiful, such a nice collection!!

Yes she does, she's very clever. And that's a drop in the ocean to what she has. She searches high and low for new patterns and has come up with a few of her own too. Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts