What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post a pic of your Lock Screen and Home Screen!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_7583.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How do you post a picture of your ipad screen?

Press the Home and Power button at the same time. The iPad will take a screenshot of whatever is currently displayed and save it in the Photos app. Once you have that, you can upload the screenshots using either the (+) icon in TapaTalk or the Upload A File button in Safari.

IMG_2045-3-2.jpeg

IMG_2044-3-2.jpeg

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Press the Home and Power button at the same time. The iPad will take a screenshot of whatever is currently displayed and save it in the Photos app. Once you have that, you can upload the screenshots using either the (+) icon in TapaTalk or the Upload A File button in Safari.

View attachment 75653

View attachment 75654

With the greatest respect to your superior knowledge
In the first photo, that doesn't work, they will be added as attachments and have been so for me for some time now.
I was told that this has been solved, not so for little old me.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the greatest respect to your superior knowledge
In the first photo, that doesn't work, they will be added as attachments and have been so for me for some time now.
I was told that this has been solved, not so for little old me.
It has been solved for those using the Beta version of Tapatalk. Regular users still have to post images with the attachment option.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there any way to post photos via Tapatalk without allowing access to one"s entire photo collection, which I refuse to do?
I tried copying a photo, but it didn't work.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way to post photos via Tapatalk without allowing access to one"s entire photo collection, which I refuse to do?
I tried copying a photo, but it didn't work.
When you upload a picture, you don't allow access to all your images, not in the apps I'm using. Where do you store your images?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My photos are in Photostream, plus Flickr and Google Drive, but Tapa Talk says access denied to Photos and Videos and therefore won't let me post a photo.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they are in your Photos app, it should be possibe to post them. Tapatalk automatically opens that app when you select the attachment icon.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, but if I allow it access to my photos Tapatalk can see ALL my photos, which I really don't think is acceptable.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That happens in Safari as well: it shows all your folders, so you can select from which folder to post the image. You choose one of the images and upload them.
Nobody can see all of the images in your Photos app, just the one in your posts.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Surely, if I allow Tapatalk access to my photos, they theoretically at least, could see any picture they wanted, including screenshots of confidential documents.

Most reactions

Latest posts