What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait or Landscape?

Portrait or Landscape?

• Total voters

Dinsmore16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With my iPhone I've always hated landscape, but with my iPad I think landscape clearly has the upper hand. But I have to say I use both about the same.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mainly landscape. In my opinion, it looks asthetically better. Plus, I hate surfing the internet in portrait mode, because it makes the font smaller, and I don't like having to hold my iPad to my face when I read.

For ebook reading though, it depends. I'd say it's about 50/50. Sometimes, I read in portrait, and sometimes, I read in landscape. It depends on the mood, really.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do You Use Your iPad in Portrait or Landscape?

Every promotional shot of the iPad shows it in portrait orientation but I always use mine in landscape, probably to emulate a computer screen. The one downside is that the keys are spaced a little too far apart in landscape.

I wonder which orientation is mostly in use.

dames20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine in landscape -mainly because the cover makes ir very comfortable for landscape!

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both. I use the Zaggmate keyboard/case so I use it both ways. Even if I am not typing, I still use the Zaggmate as a stand.:D

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape, i hate the keyboard in portrait. It also feels better on my lap in landscape. The keyboard feels like a real keyboard. For videos, landscape is a must for me. I hate the massive black bars.

Most reactions

Latest posts