What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait or Landscape?

Portrait or Landscape?

• Total voters

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love using portrait when I don't have to do a lot of typing, It feels a little more natural for me. But I couldn't live w/o landscape!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Odd question really as I never think about it, just turn to get more on screen.

Graphically horizontal is more instinctive, as eyes are not vertical, but for the written word it's always portrait as it's the common page layout. Nature and nurture in harmony.....

CatiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use landscape for browsing and most applications.

Ellen

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
E-books, yes, definitely portrait. Web browsing-if searching, I may start with portrait, but if doing posting on a forum-switch to landscape. With apps, it's 50/50 depending on the app.So my both vote applies for sure.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Landscape is my preference for most things except for reading. There are some apps that are portrait only so have to use it for them, and some note taking just "feels" more natural in portrait.

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops! I tried to vote landscape, but my finger slipped and my vote was accidentally logged as portrait.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both, depending on the app i'm using or the site/pic I'm viewing.

I prefer to type in portrait mode though, as I am doing now. Call me a "two-thumber"!

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a good thing I check back through 8 pages of largely "moved" threads. I was about to post the same poll.

Suggestion to Admins. Put a time limit on the moved thread notification in most cases a couple days is all that's required for the OP to find where the thread went. Nobody else will care because they will generally find it in the destination location anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts