What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Please help with picture transfer its very urgent.

maccar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new here. As the title suggests this is very important to me as we are frantically gathering photos for a funeral. Anyway im a PC user and always have been. Ive been religiously backing up my photos to my pc and external drive seemlesly for years and was always under the impression that I had every file safe and sound. In the last few years we have had many apple products flow through our house including a imac for my wife (now gone) many iphones and a ipad for about a year. Throughout this time phones have been synced to my pc and my wifes imac. Photos have obviously been synced to and fro and been deleted from original devices. Long story short the imacs gone. The ipad remains and has thousands of photos on it and I keep finding photos on there that are not on my pc that I thought were. I need to get them into my system on the pc. Obviously these photos have been originally synced from iphone to imac then synced to ipad!!!!! ARRRHHHH im so windows and very confused. Its like everything apple in my house has got all my pics and had a swap meet and the only one with all of them is the ipad!!!!! I know its my stupidity for years of neglect but I need this fixed. My thinking is, I would like to grab all the photos from the ipad and drop them on the external pc drive to know they are all doubled up and sort at a later date. I have tried using a photo transfer app but it only see's the photo albums on my ipad wich only hold a minority of the photos. Is there an application or program where I can bulk select photos from anywhere on the ipad and effortlessly transfer them at full quality to the pc. Im happy to pay money for programs and don't care if its via cable or wireless. I just need those photos on the pc. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome on board and hope we can assist. One has to be careful transferring Picts from any iOS device to a PC or Mac that has not been synced with that PC.

There are several applications available that will extract the pictures from the iPad one I have used with success is CopyTrans Photo. This is a windows Application and is compatible with all versions of iOS including 7

I also recommend drop box to my clients. Install drop box on to the PC. Set up an account install drop box on the iPad and upload your Picts. Problem with this is how long it takes to upload Picts.

Apotop external wifi adapter works well. This $70 product is ideal as a back up device for iPads and phones. One can insert a USB stick and transfer Picts without issue.
image.jpg

Depending on what operating system you have on your PC you may try this. Connect the iPad to the PC.
Open "computer" from your windows start button. Under "portable devices" , locate your iPad,iPod etc.... RIGHT CLICK on the device icon and select "Import pictures and videos" ... Done.

I have provide a few options and I am sure others will offer theirs.. Copy trans photo is worth the investment ($19.95) as it offers many other options including transferring Picts to the iPad with out using iTunes.

Hope that helps... Colin
Ps I only recommend products that my clients have used and were successful.

OP
M

maccar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Colin. I will try all you have recommended asap. Ill start with copy trans photo and see if I have joy from there. I'm running windows 7 on my pc. I have tried the right click on device and import pictures but it only sees the pictures taken with the ipads camera (Camera Roll) not the pictures previously imported from the imac which were taken with other devices (phones). Thanks again

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a free trial version so may be good idea to see if it does in fact view all photos on the iPad. My client just said it worked fine.....please let us know the results as we do keep this sort of request for future users whom may have similar issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts