What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can no longer transfer photos from pc to ipad

mupsma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been transferring photos from camera to PC and from PC to iPad without any trouble until today. Now the photos go from camera to PC fine but when I try to transfer them to my iPad, I get a message that it can't read my albums. It directs me to solve the problem on my iPhone. However, I don't HAVE an iPhone! What do I do now?

OP
M

mupsma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the transfer app for the iPad. I connect the iPad to my PC, open my pics library and select the pics I want to transfer. After I have selected them, I put in an address and they transfer to my iPad. Now it seems as though the PC is uploading them, but I get an error message saying it could not open my albums and how to fix it using my iPhone, which I do not have. Since my last transfer of pics, I uploaded the new version of OS, and wonder if that had something to do with it. Also in settings, it mentions that I have Bluetooth; however as I said, I don't have an iPhone. We just bought a new car which came with a trial of blue link and I wondered if that has anything to do with that. I'm trying to list all possibilities. Would appreciate any suggestions. P.S. I'm not very computer literate!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mupsma said:
I have been using the transfer app for the iPad. I connect the iPad to my PC, open my pics library and select the pics I want to transfer. After I have selected them, I put in an address and they transfer to my iPad. Now it seems as though the PC is uploading them, but I get an error message saying it could not open my albums and how to fix it using my iPhone, which I do not have. Since my last transfer of pics, I uploaded the new version of OS, and wonder if that had something to do with it. Also in settings, it mentions that I have Bluetooth; however as I said, I don't have an iPhone. We just bought a new car which came with a trial of blue link and I wondered if that has anything to do with that. I'm trying to list all possibilities. Would appreciate any suggestions. P.S. I'm not very computer literate!

Ok, so this transfer is happening on the PC side? Do you open the app on the iPad first and then use the browser on your PC to upload to the iPad? I have an app called Photo Transfer App (just Transfer on the iPad icon) that does that, although I have not used the method from PC to IPad.

There are alternative ways of doing it if that method has stopped somehow. The primary way is to use iTunes on your PC whilst the iPad is connected to it.

OP
M

mupsma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still having trouble because the computer thinks I have an iPhone. I suspect that it's the iPad. I tried to download iTunes onto my PC, but it won't run it. Is there a way I can "tell" the iPad that I don't have an iPhone?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mupsma said:
I'm still having trouble because the computer thinks I have an iPhone. I suspect that it's the iPad. I tried to download iTunes onto my PC, but it won't run it. Is there a way I can "tell" the iPad that I don't have an iPhone?

Don't worry about the iPhone thing. It sounds like its the transfer app you are using just has a poorly written script. Please clarify the above questions which you have not addressed.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just noticed that Photo Transfer App has just released their update for iOS6. If this is indeed the app you're using, download the update and see if the error has been corrected. Quite possibly it was a bug due to you update to ios6.

OP
M

mupsma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK--this is what happens when I try to transfer pics from the PC to the iPad: I open my pics library and select the ones to be transferred. I type in the address given on the photo transfer app and then my PC tells me it cannot access my albums because of my iPhone (which I don't have). It says they are unavailable. It seems to import my chosen photos but then I get an error message on my iPad that says "an error has occurred while trying to save an image. The image format may not be compatible with the device." It goes on to try to save the image but nothing happens. By the way, I import images from my camera to my PC using Windows. It always worked in the past. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I had the app "find my iPhone" on my iPad. I don't remember putting it there, but who knows? I deleted it,but it didn't help. This is driving me nuts--I can usually figure things out eventually, but am stymied.

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost sounds like the PC is missing some sort of codex that it uses to recognize the iPad. Did you recently do some updates on your PC. Try to reboot your PC to finalize any updates and then try to transfer the photos again. Also look to see if there are any warnings on your computer in the little flag icon next to the clock on the lower right of your PC screen. You could also try to install the photos from your PC to the the iPad via iTunes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What format are the photos? I will try to replicate the issue as I also run Photo Transfer App, but have not tested it PC to iPad.

OP
M

mupsma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The photos are JPEG. I also haven't put any new programs on my PC. I tried rebooting it anyway and everything was the same. I did try to download iTunes to my PC, but it wouldn't run. I really can't download anything to my PC because Windows Media Center keeps coming up. I am out of ideas and am looking for help. I'm not computer literate but usually can figure things out by trial and error but this has me stumped. Thanks for any suggestions.

OP
M

mupsma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem is fixed! It must have been a glitch. I downloaded some photos from my iPad to the PC that were emailed to me and lo and behold, there were my albums! Then i was able to upload my photos from my camera to the PC. Thanks for all your efforts.

Most reactions

Latest posts