What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upgrade ipad3g to 4.3.3 from 3.2 with bypassing the 4.3.5 current ios?Cant save shsh

lojak25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3g 1st gen ipad, it came jailbroken on 3.2 ios.
I want to either freshly restore 3.2 or jump to 4.3.3

problem im having is tinyumbrella wont save the 3.2 shsh blobs, it says in log i am to late as apple is not signing 3.2 anymore i have the cydia host file set right cause i downgraded my iphone plenty of times

my question is with me being in the rhelms of a jailbreakable ios, can i simply download stock 3.2 and shift restore or should i make a custom ispw for 3.2 or 4.3.3 or can you even upgrade from jailbroken 3.2 to a jailbroken 4.3.3 without a mess up or dfu boot loop

i dont want to force a 4.3.5 update

reason im doing this is cause apps wont load with an error saying log into itunes on a home computer and retry download??

Ive heard this is an issue for alot of people

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the forum. Good to "see" ya.

First off - I'm going to move your post over to the Hacking section - get more experienced "eyes on..."

You could try the program iFaith to see if you can save the blobs for the current version you have on your iPad (3.2).

Do you have the blobs for iOS 4.3.3? If not, then there is no way you can load that firmware version on your iPad. None. Because you are right, Apple has stopped signing it (they are only signing 4.3.5). And, as you've noted, Apple has also stopped signing iOS 3.2.

Without blobs, if you don't want to try the iFaith option, then your only option is to upgrade to iOS 4.3.5 and then you can do a tethered jailbreak with redsn0w.

There's a bunch of stickies here in the Hacking forum, so, depending on your decision, we have helpful instructions.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts