What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Placing stock trades with ipad 2

anniep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the data encrypted on the ipad 2? Would I be protected when using my trading platform from Fidelity to place trades and manage my account? I run Kaspersky on my laptop and feel like it's safe but I can't find a security program for the ipad 2. Thanks

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done banking with BillPay from my iPhone for 3-years and I never worried about it. The iPad2 is being used in government, media and elsewhere and I have yet to hear of any real problems although anything is possible.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad is no less, nor more, secure than a laptop for accessing secure websites on the internet. Use the same precautions as you would when accessing any sensitive site. That's if the site works with the iPad, it may not.

When you choose to access a sensitive site on the iPad make sure you do so on a secure network, and always access the site directly from your bookmarks, never by clicking on an email or third party site's link.

Always look at the URL and make sure it begins with https:, and somewhere on your browser (it varies) there should be a lock icon, or some other indication of a secure connection. In Safari on the iPad, it appears at the very top to the left of the site's name. Do not enter you user id and password unless you see this.

Actually, when you do the second part, the security of the network probably not vital since all data is encrypted, but it is still a good practice.

Just like on a laptop.

As far as the Kapersky anti virus app, there is no equivalent for the iPad. The risk of viruses to the iPad is almost nil. There are no known viruses for the iPad. The risk of trojans is just as unlikely as long as you are not Jailbroken, and still very low if you are cautious with your sources.

Some have been known to use the word impossible, but that's a stretch. I'd just say your energy is better spent worrying about the invisible guy who is looking over your shoulder with a telescope connected to a video camera. :D

Last edited:

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The iPad is no less, nor more, secure than a laptop for accessing secure websites on the internet. Use the same precautions as you would when accessing any sensitive site. That's if the site works with the iPad, it may not.

When you choose to access a sensitive site on the iPad make sure you do so on a secure network, and always access the site directly from your bookmarks, never by clicking on an email or third party site's link.

Always look at the URL and make sure it begins with https:, and somewhere on your browser (it varies) there should be a lock icon, or some other indication of a secure connection. In Safari on the iPad, it appears at the very top to the left of the site's name. Do not enter you user id and password unless you see this.

Actually, when you do the second part, the security of the network probably not vital since all data is encrypted, but it is still a good practice.

Just like on a laptop.

As far as the Kapersky anti virus app, there is no equivalent for the iPad. The risk of viruses to the iPad is almost nil. There are no known viruses for the iPad. The risk of trojans is just as unlikely as long as you are not Jailbroken, and still very low if you are cautious with your sources.

Some have been known to use the word impossible, but that's a stretch. I'd just say your energy is better spent worrying about the invisible guy who is looking over your shoulder with a telescope connected to a video camera. :D

That sums it up...well said.

Most reactions