What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pink-highlighted text vs red dot underlined text

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m unclear what the pink-highlight text is trying to tell me, but I can’t seem to dismiss it. It’ll happen if I don’t complete a word. I think the OS is trying to help me, but if the User doesn’t want that help at that time, how does s/he dismiss the pink highlighting and resume working on the pink-highlighted word? No amount of tapping will let me insert the cursor where I need. iPad OS must place a very high value on this pink highlighting.

Thank you for any clues!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It also happens if you end a sentence with a correctly-spelled word iOS doesn't know. If you move the cursor elsewhere, it's a nightmare trying to reposition it after the period. Very annoying, especially since iOS doesn't let you add new words to its dictionary. I solved it by turning off spellcheck. I still get red dots and suggestions, but it seems to have nuked the pink highlight.

I hear cursor control in iPadOS 13 is even worse. Why can't we use the shift key to get delete-forward?

Last edited:

Most reactions