What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo From Japan Launch

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photos From May 28th Launch

19 year old Takechiyo Yamanaka has been waiting in front of the Apple Ginza store in Tokyo since Wednesday to buy an iPad.

bits-japanpad-custom5.jpg

Last edited:

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Completely ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPad for both work and screwing around, but there is absolutely no way that I would stand on an hours long line, let alone camp out a few days for it. Just like the idiots that camp out for the latest video game system or the newest fad toy. People really need to find something better to do with their time/life

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Completely ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPad for both work and screwing around, but there is absolutely no way that I would stand on an hours long line, let alone camp out a few days for it. Just like the idiots that camp out for the latest video game system or the newest fad toy. People really need to find something better to do with their time/life

I waited in line for both the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Why? Because I'm an idiot? No, because I can, because I work hard, and I can spend my off time how I want. Does it really bother you that much?

Spending 24 hours in line (I waited 50 hours for the PS3) is a drop in a bucket compared to the year I've spent in Iraq, or the 3 weeks I spent doing recovery operations at ground zero after the World Trade Center attacks. What have you done worthwhile?

Who are you to call me an idiot for spending my time off the way I want to?

Grow up.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I spent maybe 15/20 minutes in line at the launch of the ipad 3g and got min. maybe 10 people in front of me and i showed up about 30 after the store opened.

got ipad 3g 32gig.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I waited in line for both the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Why? Because I'm an idiot? No, because I can, because I work hard, and I can spend my off time how I want. Does it really bother you that much?

Spending 24 hours in line (I waited 50 hours for the PS3) is a drop in a bucket compared to the year I've spent in Iraq, or the 3 weeks I spent doing recovery operations at ground zero after the World Trade Center attacks. What have you done worthwhile?

Who are you to call me an idiot for spending my time off the way I want to?

Grow up.

Did I call you, or anyone that waited in line for an iPad, an idiot? Didn't think so. I did compare y'all to idiots though.

You're right, you can do anything you want to do with your own time. I can run face first into a wall for 24 hours...doesn't make it a smart thing to do. If Jesus appeared, or if bill gates was giving a million dollars to each person in line, then those would be the type of things that could possibly be worth waiting days (or anything over a few hours max) in line for....a toy, video game, or computer device....not so much.

As for the growing up comment, I'm in my 30's, not one of the teeny boppers that are on here, so i've already grown up plenty. Seems though that some people that are older seem to be so immature that they have a hissy fit over someone's comments.

P.s. Thanks for your service. I lived in NJ and knew people in the WTC.

Most reactions

Latest posts