What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Cloud Storage

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here you go......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-1336952788.jpg
    image-1336952788.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 344

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be available now just refresh the app and it will be there. Please be aware I created this forum less than 3 hours ago. We are currently moving existing threads that are about the topics but scattered through other forums to this area such as this thread plus we will be adding more threads and setting more specific sub forums over the next week or more. I can assure all our visitors and members it is my intention to make this a One Stop Shop to find solutions on how to connect plus offer support from existing users whom have already purchased the products
Thanks for your post enjoy...

Scooby Drew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All - Im new to the iPad forum - so, Hello to all...

Wonder if anyone can give me some assistance. I have skimmed through this section, but could not find what I was looking for.

I have a netgear router which supports "readyshare"

I have plugged in a 500GB external hard drive to my router, and can access it perfectly through my PC, but has anyone got any ideas, why everytime I try and connect my iPad, it tells me that the address is invalid.

I am trying to connect through smb://readyshare\USB_Storage

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Drew

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Well I've opened the box and fired up the CloudFTP for the first time and written my first thoughts in this thread http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/75570-cloudftp.html#post544140

So far it's looking good but now I've got to see exactly what this little box can do!

The Archangel

For those following my CloudFTP exploits I have updated the guide in the original post, I have also moved the thread to the iPad Connect section here http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-connect/75570-cloudftp.html

The Archangel

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Just had a look at that Gab....I'm truly impressed!

Now I need to make a list of everything I will need to do this too....thank you!

The great thing is, all these toys play nicely together, the WD TV Live sees and plays media from my NAS drive (WD My Book Live) and and USB drives I use for my CloudFTP. Next up is to connect my CloudFTP wirelessly into my home network (I understand that the CloudFTP also can function as a NAS so expect more updates). To top it all off, they all play really nicely with my iPad.....otherwise I'd be posting this on the wrong forum(!)......think of it like Lord Of The Rings.....

''Three NAS drives for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven CloudFTP's for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine external HD's for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One WD TV Live for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie,
One iPad to rule them all, one iPad to find them,
One iPad to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.''

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OMG. That is hilarious! Hee Hee. You are one of favs on here boyo. Keeps me laughing. Great info too!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now WD Photos App has also been updated with an HD photo fetch button......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-1432401443.jpg
    image-1432401443.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 214

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is looking even better as we discuss how my storage on my iPad is quickly dwindling!

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my photos are now on in my cloud, I can view all of them and download if I need them, say for editing purposes.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts