What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perform Guitar Through My iPad

treasure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought an iPad2, iRig and the Belkin Bluetooth Audio Receiver. I was hoping to use Garage Band or AmpliTube to plug my guitar through my iPad2 then out through our band's PA sound system for live performances. That would enable me to play guitar for live performances without carrying an amplifier. To my disappointment, I learned that Garage Band does not permit any audio IN functions (such as through iRig) while Bluetooth Audio OUT is enabled (AirPlay-Bluetooth-HDMI). Garage Band provides a message box which specifically says that and requires you choose one or the other. AmpliTube does not even give you a message. It just won't provide any audio output through Bluetooth.

Any suggestions? Other apps? Other hardware other than iRig?

BTW the Belkin Bluetooth Audi Receiver is otherwise an awesome product.

thapzen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol this looks kinda complicated, I'm more of a dj, any hardware suggestions for my case?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thapzen said:
Lol this looks kinda complicated, I'm more of a dj, any hardware suggestions for my case?

There are lots of DJ solutions, what exactly are you looking for?

The Archangel

Bamber119

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's an expensive option with the iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard

Although very smart I think I will stick with my line 6 xtlive board!;)

I think the amplitude software is very expensive for what it is and feel that the GarageBand is a more value for money app(I bought both), just unsure if I would use it for playing live guitar, although for backing tracks its worth a look :)

Most reactions

Latest posts