What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STEREO audio input ?

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
Hi ! Is there any way to get stere audio from line output to iPad2 ? What i want to do is to use iPad2 to record our bands live performances and rehearsals while "on the road". I know there is and extra accessory to connect guitar to iPad2, but stereo line input should be a standard input for - well - anything....

TY

Barnacle77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, did you ever find a good solution for your stereo-in problem? I'm going through similar frustration.

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the headphone/mic port even support stereo input? What are you capturing from anyway? A stereo mic? A mixing desk? You might need something to connect via the dock connector. You can get a sort of multitrack dock that the iPad slides into and you can plug whatever you like into it (within reason). There's one called an iO Dock from Alesis.

However, I'd suggest that the iPad isn't really the best man for the job here anyway. Have you tried Zoom Handy recorders? I have an H1, which records to SD via very decent stereo condenser mics or 3.5mm line in.

Barnacle77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darrenjcampbell said:
Does the headphone/mic port even support stereo input? What are you capturing from anyway? A stereo mic? A mixing desk? You might need something to connect via the dock connector. You can get a sort of multitrack dock that the iPad slides into and you can plug whatever you like into it (within reason). There's one called an iO Dock from Alesis.

However, I'd suggest that the iPad isn't really the best man for the job here anyway. Have you tried Zoom Handy recorders? I have an H1, which records to SD via very decent stereo condenser mics or 3.5mm line in.

Well, the ipad is on the scene and I'm determined to make it work. Check out the guitarjack from Sonoma Wire Works./

Apparently there are a couple of compatible apps that will do stereo. BTW, any headphone jack is a tip-ring-sleeve (stereo) but this gizmo uses the bottom digital port. What do you think? Dana

BTW, I've got an Alesis IO Dock sitting beside me right now that is destined to be returned. It's a cool little unit for recording one track at a time, but again, no stereo input.

Last edited:

bossy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alesis does have stereo input you just need an app that allows stereo recording.

bossy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slightly off topic Apps4 but do you know what has happened to the people/person who developed the mellotron apps? I've been hoping they'd update to core midi so I could link a keyboard controller but after announcing they would be doing so a year or so ago it all went quiet.

A

apps4idevices

No..
I'm like you..
I tried to contact them, but no news...

A

apps4idevices

Yes! Too bad..'
If you love making music with idevices...
Moderation notice: NO EXTERNAL LINKS.
There is a lot of App to win for Musicians
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get the Apple camera connection kit, you can use a USB audio interface, to input stereo sound. I've not done it yet, but there are loads of websites explaining the process etc.

I hope this helps :)

anthonyalves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are numerous audio recording devices available for the iPad through the camera connection kit and any USB iOS compliant device. The app that currently records more than one track at a time is Daw Multitrack. The units that currently work with this app are listed on their website at harmonicdog.com or link to their site at the app store. Whatch the Namm YouTube channel to view these devices in action. Look out for Auria as a new contender in the multi channel recorder both in and out. Use the Focusrite Scarlet for 4 ins at a time. All of these units are high end with DA AD converters that sound great. The iPad is the new mobile studio so record your band and have a blast. Ps look for all these items at your local musical instrument store not Best Buy.

Most reactions